Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New Antenna

Finally got my dipole up on a 45' MFJ fiberglass pushup mast today. Nothing special, just a 130' dipole fed with 450 Ladderline straight into an old MFJ  986 Differential T Tuner. Tunes just fine 80 to 15 meters. And best of all, NO interference...........yet!
james
WD5GWYimage

Comments

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    James you are a lucky man! I still have massive peaks at 14.030 and other places. I need to find time to find them.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Nice! Nothing like using the inverse square law to your advantage.
  • James Del Principe
    James Del Principe Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Inverse square law. George?     Not sure what you mean here.    Jim    KD1I
  • Dave Dave
    Dave Dave Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Wow now maybe you will actually transmit!

• Rob N4GA
    Rob N4GA Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Awesome man, happy to hear (and see) it!
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Power density of a signal is proportional to the inverse square of the distance from its source.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Or, local QRM decreases by a factor of 4 when distance to it is doubled. Getting away from noise sources pays dividends very rapidly.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Thanks for that George! Now the comment makes far more sense.
  • James Del Principe
    James Del Principe Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Thanks, George. I am familiar with the inverse square law but not sure what you were referring to here regarding James antenna.    I thought you might be kidding him.   I'd have made reference to rattling the either myself.  HI HI    73, Jim
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Arrgh... this falls under the category of stuff I used to know but long forgot until I have to use it again at which time I become great friends with Google.
  • James Whiteway
    edited February 2016
    I did! And you never came back to me! Of course, you may not have been on the air at the time I did transmit! :-)

• James Whiteway
    edited February 2016
    Thanks! It only took a couple of months to get things together and then get the time to put it all up. Still have a vertical I plan to put up as well.
    james

• James Whiteway
    edited February 2016
    George, it helped a lot! I'm amazed that I have no "noticeable" interference from my neighbors electronics. Another benefit, I reconnected my Bose speakers and no spikes showing from the **** wall wart!
    james

• Mike W9OJ
    Mike W9OJ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    How many guy lines does that mast require?
    Which model is it?

Mike W9OJ
  • James Whiteway
    edited February 2016
    The instructions suggest at least 2 sets of guys. It's fastened to the back of the house as well. I don't remember the model number. But, it is the 50' heavy duty model. Overall, it was easy to install. Just right for an inverted V. James WD5GWY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.