Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New Alpha 9500 with Flex 67000

Mike_N1MD
Mike_N1MD Member ✭✭
edited March 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
New Alpha 9500 amp with my Flex 6700. Need info on settings for transmit. Using DDUtil but I know there are some Transmit Settings in SSDR I need to adjust. Am confused about how to adjust.
Thanx in advance.

Mike

Answers

• Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Alpha 9500?  I am sooooo jealous!

Of course, you need to set the power output on the 6700.  I use the Auto Drive in DDUtil.  I set each band for 25 watts and then adjust up from there. Of course, you need to set the serial port and enable it under amps.

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I use an Alpha 9500 and Acom 2000. For the 9500 it's as simple as selecting the com port in DDUtil that you have connected to the 9500. Use DDUtil Autodrive to set the power level for each band. That's it! 73, Mack W4AX Flex Alpha Tester
  • Larry Loen  WO7R
    Larry Loen WO7R Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Steve (W6SDM) has it about right.  Start at 25 watts and then see.  It also is partly dependent on what settings you have for SSB or general gain (e.g. for DAX when doing RTTY).

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.