Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New 6600M and Electro-Voice RE320 output levels

2»

Answers

• Scott Russell - N1SER
    Scott Russell - N1SER Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Yeah that's funny, I have one sitting here too... It is rather large with the shock mount. I'm kind of a mic **** and have the Shure SM7B awaiting the arrival of the 6400. :) BSW also has a package deal on the SM7B and a DBX 286 channel **** as well. :)
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Its nice quality. I just don't like the size. In my location it was blocking my view of my meters so I bought a Heil to replace it.

• Jim Draker
    Jim Draker Member
    edited March 2018

I agree Rich, I have the EV shock mount and its BIG!!!

Btw Rich how do you like using your W2IHY EQplus in line? I have both the EQplus and W2IHY 8 band eq, Not sure if I want to use them in line or just sell them and maybe get something nicer like a Wheatstone M1 or just not use any preamp at all?

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    To be honest the EQPlus is not getting used for anything functional except acting as a preamp. There is a little loss in the iPlus so dont think it will work direct.

I really don't need any of it except that I like having 2 meters on the boom mic so I have keyboard access.

Course it will provide audio to my Icom 9100 now that I have to send my 6600m in for repair. So good thing I am all setup.

• Jim Draker
    Jim Draker Member
    edited March 2018
    Sorry to hear about your bad luck with your new radio. I feel for you. Hopefully you will get it back very soon! Btw If your ever over in this neck of the woods feel free to stop by.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Same goes for you Jim. Stop by any time.

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I must say rich, you have an outstanding attitude about this.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    About RE320's?  LOL

;)

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    ya wrong spot oops...
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Electro-Voice RE-320 I don’t see the mic profile how do input mic to use it on 6400m image
  • Jim Runge
    Jim Runge Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Adjust the TX EQ to where you and others like the sound of your microphone and then save those settings under profiles in the top left hand side of the screen. You will find "Create MIC Profiles there.
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Thanks is this best microphone for 6400M I have RadioSport Headset mic coming Friday I’m going try out
  • Jim Runge
    Jim Runge Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    You can make both of those mics sound very good on the flex.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.