Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New 6500 - no receive - transmit fine

James Del Principe
James Del Principe Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Just set up 6500 out of box. It transmits full power to dummy load or antennas (100 W & low SWR) but will not receive on any band. Acts like antenna is not connected. Made sure it was configured for ant 1, connected to ant 1 and then tried ant 2 connected to ant 2. My other radios work fine so ant system is OK. Cables OK. Flex display is good. Tried "Settings/Radio Setup" and this forum. Any thoughts?   Config issue?   73, Jim

Comments

• Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017

Hi Jim

Is the panadapter showing no receive as well?

Steve

K9ZW

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Do you see any signals on the panoramic display or is  it a flat line?
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Can you confirm that RXA or XVTR is not selected in the slice "flag"? That's bitten me. It's the blue text for receive, the red text for transmit antenna. Somewhat hard to see.
  • James Del Principe
    edited August 2015
    Jim, I see no signal on either window, 20M or 75M.  George, I checked the blue text for both frequencies and they are both set for ant 1.   I still feel it is a configuration issue as this is the first day of operation.  Had just set up this AM.  I'm not new to radio - 52 yrs a ham and a commercial GROL.....46 years of electronic service; but this has me frustrated. Many thanks for taking time to help.   73, Jim
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I have changed this post to a problem topic and converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.
  • James Del Principe
    edited March 2017
    Thanks, Tim.    I'm new to this forum and to Flex.   Will the official Help Desk response be posted here or to my E-mail?     Jim
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    They will respond to your email after you fill out the help desk ticket at the link that Tim provided.

Have you toggled the "Remote" button in the top-right corner?
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    James - you should have just gotten an e-mail from our HelpDesk.
  • James Del Principe
    edited August 2015
    Hi Robert. Yes, I tried to toggle the 'remote' button. It switches the sound off and on but has no effect upon the received signal nor on the display.   There are no signals reaching the receiver internally.   The antenna connections are verified good, however, and, of course it transmits just fine.    Jim
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Resolution in process.  This ended up being a hardware related and not a configuration issue .

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.