Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Networking question

David Salomon
David Salomon Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I’m in the midst of an interesting challenge. My DSL internet connection went out (12 days ago, and AT&T is STILL trying to figure it out). In the interim, I’m switching off between using my phone and iPad as hot spots. I can enable both the wireless connection on the PC that I use with my Flex, and the ethernet connection to the switch, which also has the Flex connected. Then I tried both sharing the wifi internet connection and bridging the two adapters (ethernet and wifi). They both result in the same thing - SmartSDR starts and sees the Flex, but errors out trying to connect to the Flex. I have to disable the wifi connection (and, hence, the internet connection to the PC) for the Flex to see the PC. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this? It’s not a huge problem, because I can use my iPad for all the internet related stuff I was doing on my PC, and keep just the PC ethernet connection enabled. However, it would be nice to have both working at once. Thanks - David, AG4F

Answers

• N8SDR
    N8SDR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I think what your doing is changing the IP address of the gateway, Have you tried restarting the Flex and making sure it is getting new IP address /gateway from the connection once you bridge them?
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I use a tp link which connects by wifi to the hot spot the has a ethernet jack to connect to a switch or router works great and its about $35 at frys or best buy.
  • David Salomon
    David Salomon Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    N8SDR - your suggestion fixed my issue.  I hadn't ever rebooted the Flex after bridging the networks.  Now I can use my PC again while using my Flex.  Now, if AT&T could just get their act together...

Wayne - I've read about those, but never realized they were that inexpensive.  I'll have to look into one of those (any excuse to go to Fry''s works for me :).

73 - David
  • N8SDR
    N8SDR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Good to hear, enjoy the rig.
    Also note when you switch back you'll need to reboot the Flex again, as the gateway will change again.
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    The radio and the PC are using the same Wi-Fi connect with SmartSDR not smart link.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.