Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Network great with c2.1.32 but not Maestro

AH0U
AH0U Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
When I am using the computer and SmartSDR I get solid green bars... when I use the same cat5 cable plugged into the Maestro I get nothing and the network dialogue box says very poor and dropped packets..... how come??

Answers

• Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I don't know why this problem was never addressed. I've had a Maestro for 2 years and I experience the same issue. You would think that with a direct connection to SSDR and the same cable to Maestro would produce the same results, not the case. I guess we are not software engineers.
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Are you using a Maestro "B" version?  I was hoping this issue would be fixed in the new Version of Maestro.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2018
    I suspect the issue is due to the timing of the Ethernet interface port speed and duplex autonegotiation. If this happens, usually immediately rebooting the Maestro will allow both ends to set the same parameters and the network throughput will be improved.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.