Neither HRD or FLDIGI can connect to new Flex 6600

• Problem
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • Solved
Running SmartSDR 2.1.32.104 on my new 6600. DDUTIL 3.1 communicates with Power Master and Antenna Controller without incident.  My SteppIR changes frequency with the radio. On DDUTIL the 6600 shows up under Features tab, showing serial number and IP address. I have HRD Apps "Enab" check box 'checked'. 

I have added a new PTT port to Smart Cat. Uninstalled and re-installed HRD (6.4.0.787). Unable to connect to 6600 trying every combination of the comm ports / speeds.  

Similar results with FLDIGI (without HRD running of course). DAX selected and audio RX stream running in DAX window, slice A. 

All other 6600 functions seem to be working fine, multiple contacts across multiple bands.

Michael / K7HIL
Photo of Michael, K7HIL

Michael, K7HIL

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Craig - KØCF

Craig - KØCF

• 133 Posts
  • 44 Reply Likes
Official Response
You did not mention a "CAT" port, which is needed for HRD or FLDIGI to communicate with the radio. The PTT port only provides Push-to-Talk. Almost all logging and digital mode software uses a serial "CAT" port to talk to the radio for frequency & mode control. In SmartSDR CAT, this port is usually COM 4 or COM 5. If this port does not exist, you will need to add it.

Craig, KØCF