Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Need recommendation to replace my NetGearProSafe 24 Port Ethernet 10/100 Switch

Barry J Cohen
Barry J Cohen Member
edited February 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have seen many posts on this but need the latest facts on the best switch.Issues connecting without dropouts thru ethernet switch NetGear 24 Port. I needs lots of ports in the Shack with multiple computers and feed points to the house. I recently (After Dayton) changed the router and bought the IQ Router which fixed the "Buffer Bloat" I was having when operating remote but after a frustrating weekend on the CQ WW CW and the dropouts on the switch I am thinking of replacing the 9 year old switch. Would prefer 24 Ports of more. Any good suggesions? Tried /
directly connecting to IQ router but maybe needed to wait 24 hours for it to learn the new config?
Love to hear from the IT experts or someone with similar problems. Already changed cables, etc.
Can contact me direct at n2bj@comcast.net. Thanks and 73 Barry

Answers

• N6OIL
    N6OIL Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I would look for a high grade used switch with POE, you can find many of them on the used market. I have an HP 3500yl I would look at Cisco, HP, Juniper, Brocade/Rukus and others I'm sure will chime in. 
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Does it connect when you bypass the switch? 
  • Gary - WB5ULK
    Gary - WB5ULK Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    The Netgear Pro-Safe 24 port Gigabit switch would do you well. A network device designed for gigabit service will have a faster backplane and you shouldn't have any issues. The "unmanaged" version can be bought on Amazon for a little more than $125. It would help if you could segregate the older networking devices with 10/100 interfaces to a different switch.
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Ubiquiti makes nice managed switches.  I use their little Internet router and a WIFI access point.  Very pleased with them.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.