Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Need Help With Audio

W5UN_Dave
W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I installed SmartSDR 1.4 on two different notebooks, an old HP Lenovo T61 running Windows 7, amd a brand new Dell XPS, fully loaded and running Windows 81. The program starts and looks beautiful (great job Flex), but I am having difficulty with audio out of both. Perhaps I am not setting things up correctly. Here is what I have: Flex6700. Network Status-Excellent. Single slice. DAX1 selected. DAX control panel showing signal on DAX1RX channel.  I can hear Windows test sounds but no audio from PowerSDR.  I'm probably overlooking something, but I don't know what. Please help.

Comments

• Dudley-WA5QPZ
    Dudley-WA5QPZ Inactive Employee
    edited February 2019

Dave,

If you want the sound from your computer speakers,  they must be you windows default sound device and you must click the   "REMOTE" button at the  top right of SmartSDR ..  

Dudley

• W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Dudley I am using am H800 Logitech headset with Mic. I use the USB plugin for this wireless mike. I am getting audio now, but the microphone does not respond. Any ideas?
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017

I ran into the same problem shortly after install on one of my laptops, and it started working after a reboot and verifying the default sound device was selected (if you hover over the remote button it will tell you the sound device it intends to use).  I had everything selected correctly but it was a bit slow to start the audio.  It may be worth shutting everything down and connecting fresh and see if it start to work.  Its still early here and there could be a bit of buggyness there but we will have to see what others experience.  Its working now on a 4 year old core duo with only 2 gigs of ram.. I am floored at how well the whole setup is working on this old thinkpad. 

• ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019

Also since you mentioned you had a couple of computers, I did discover if you leave the radio on.. and you close PSDR with the remote button selected.. then go to the next computer, for instance your non remote one, the button for remote will be on there as well..  you can just deselect it and it will go back to the speakers connected to the flex..  just a feature that seems to retain the settings from the last connection.

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    This is radio persistence rather than client persistence.  The last radio state is saved no mater which client connects to it.
  • W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Everything is working OK here now, including the wireless H800 Logitech headphones/mic. Made my first ssb QSO and got good report. CW works great. Learning curve required. Great Job Flex, thank you

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.