Need Help Waterfall in DM780 Distorted Tried all Settings in DAX Levels

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Solved
I got my new Flex 6300 on Wed and I have been trying after work since then to get it to play with HRD DM780.  Just today I got DDUTIL 3.0 loaded and can run HRD DM780 without rig control front end.   I tried youtube recommended soundcard settings for sample rate adjustment.  I have set DAX receiver gain to full scale "0" and copy about 75% of PSK conversations. I am running windows 7 professional.  I am so aggravated and frustrated with DAX and audio settings I am ready to throw this 6300 in the yard.  I have been running the Flex 3000 on the same computer with powersdr with no issues with HRD and DM780.  Do I need to run the 6300 on a completely separate machine?  I did not anticipate this kind of aggravation or I would have never upgraded.
Photo of terry

terry

• 28 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Mike Whatley

Mike Whatley

• 32 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
This discussion has been much ado about nothing.  An individual with poor understanding of the SDR ecosystem, bemoaning the absence of absolute compatibility between disparate devices and software applications.   Blaming the manufacturer with indignant rhetoric  while  "White Hat" ham observers made varying attempts to pacify the complainant. Some were patronizing others like Tim's were level headed, a couple were well intentioned, though to what purpose one wonders. 

In all it has been as amusing (complete with an "IT Professional") as it was absurd.

Terry, send the radio back.
 You'll be happier!

Cheers,
mike/wa4d  
http://www.wa4d.net 
(Edited)
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9186 Posts
  • 3550 Reply Likes
Since this issue has been addressed with various good recommendations, I feel that now is probably the time to close this topic.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.