Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Need help w/ Basic N1MM+ setup for SmartSDR (v2.3.9) and/or Maestro

Steven WA8Y
Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
edited July 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
Al, K0CN's YouTube showed basic setup using Winkeyer but it used ver1, and I was unable to follow the setup .  NM9P commented (years ago) about using CWX in N1MM+.  Did Mike Walker, VA3MW make a YouTube video about N1MM+ Flex setup?  Can the community please help me get N1MM+ running on my Flex 6600 with SmartSDR and with my Maestro?  I Would like to try N1MM+ in the WRTC this weekend.

Answers

• ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Search the community, I posted a down and dirty N1MM setup walk through here some time back.. I will try and find it when I am not on my cell phone
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I seem to have it working!?  I sent a cw marco thru N1mm+ and I opened DXLab to actually log it.  I opened DXCommander and noticed both N1MM+ and Commander display the correct freq, I think?  I need to do more testing Ha, Ha!
  • Neal Pollack, N6YFM
    Neal Pollack, N6YFM Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    There are two of us here that would be interested in a link to how to setup N1MM for SmartSDR version 2.     If you are willing to share, that would be great.   When I search on google or the forums, I am only finding info for N1MM on SmartSDR version 1, older, years old.

Thanks
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I found a post I did a couple of years ago..

Chris Tate - N6WM, Elmer

• 800 Posts
    •  
    •  214 Reply Likes
    Official Response

Ok the gang has answered most of the questions,

but lets drill down to a simple 1 slice contest setup.  

in SmartSDR CAT you will need to set up 2 types of virtual ports.
    1. a cat port
    2. a winkeyer port.

Do this first, 

In smart cat, click ADD down in the lower left corner
    The add port box will display
    Port protocol: CAT
    Port Type: SERIAL
    Serial Port: FlexVSP

You can leave the Autoswitch TX slice alone.  Split mode you may want to select the SO2V pulldown since this would effectively emulate a traditional 2 vfo CAT port.  but for a single slice instance its not really needed for you.  just a suggestion.

Click SAVE.
    You will now see the cat port listed with a blue square icon with a C in it.  all good.  remember what com port was created.

Now we can setup a Winkeyer emulator port so N1MM can key CW

Click ADD
    under port protocol 
    Select: WINKEYER

take note of that com port

Click SAVE.

You should now have a dark blue/purplish square icon with a W in it.  

That takes care of the port setups.

Now lets get N1MM talking to your flex.

So lets assume your virtual CAT port is COM2
    And your WInkeyer is COM4

In N1MM logger Plus
    Open Config > Configure ports, mode control,audio, other

First setup your cat telemetry.  on the top row
    Configure the PORT pull down for COM2 (using the above ports as an example)
    Configure the RADIO pull down as FLEX-6000 Series
    do NOT check the CW/other box
    click the SET button.
    Optimized flex defaults should be populated, but for the record
    38400,N,8,1 DTR/RTS Always off.
    for cw contests ensure PTT via Radio Command are UNCHECKED for all modes.
    click OK

Now in the Second row.. lets setup the keyer 
    Configure the second row port as COM4
    leave the radio pull down blank

put a check in the CW/other box

Click the SET button for That row
    You can leave the defaults for now, but put a check in the Winkey box.
    DTR always ON RTS always OFF
    click OK. to close that window, and OK again to close the configure tab

That should apply those settings and N1MM should be aware of the radio, its single slice and should show and track frequency.  you can also test by hitting the F1 button on your keyboard.. and it should trigger the cw macro.

And that should do it. 

CU on the air and GL in the contest :-).

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.