Need help. Log4OM doesn't change frequency when I switch slices.

• Problem
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
When I have multiple slices open on my 6500, the Log4OM doesn't change the displayed frequency when I switch from slice to slice. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Andy, k2oo
thall@thall.net
Photo of Andrew Thall

Andrew Thall

• 158 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Alex - DH2ID

Alex - DH2ID, Elmer

• 954 Posts
  • 177 Reply Likes
Are you using the Log4OM communicator with OmniRig? 
Alex - DH2ID 
Photo of Andrew Thall

Andrew Thall

• 158 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
I'm using Hamlib.  However, I see that Omnirig is running in CAT.  Do I need to tick the Omnirig in the Log4OM settings?  I"m really not sure what I'm doing!
Photo of Andrew Thall

Andrew Thall

• 158 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
Do I need to set up the other slices in CAT?  Only Slice A is showqing up there.  Now, when I open a second slice, the slicemaster picks it up and I get a second window of CW skimmer -- if that has anything to do with my setup.  When I do tick the Omnirig, the omnirig settings box shows up and then shortly afterwards, I get the message that Omnirig isn't properly installed and the tick reverts back to Hamlib.
(Edited)
Photo of Gayle Lawson

Gayle Lawson

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have the same issue with Log4OM.  I have two comm ports, one for slice A and one for B.  I have to switch between Rig 1 and Rig 2 in the logger when I switch between the two slices.  This could be automatic If flex had a comm port type that followed the active slice or the TX slice, that would come close to solving our problem.  I don't know if Daniele and crew are addressing this or not.

Gayle K0FLY
Photo of K1DBO

K1DBO

• 477 Posts
  • 78 Reply Likes
Slice Master has a TX following port but it can only be accessed by TCP.  Hamlib supports CAT over TCP with the 6xxx rig type.  I haven’t tested this configuration yet, or know if Log4OM even provides a user interface to specify the TCP port, but in theory it should work.  This is how Slice Master configures flDigi to work.
Photo of K1DBO

K1DBO

• 477 Posts
  • 78 Reply Likes
Turns out I did do some testing in this direction.  From my notes... in Log4OM  use hamlib and set RIG model to 'FlexRadio 6xxx' then 'Parameter String' to

--model=236 --rig-file=127.0.0.1:7820 -v

In Slice Master's settings tab, enable 'TCP CAT TX Listener' and confirm the port is set to 7820.  Log4OM should now show a cat connection to the radio and follow the TX slice.

Photo of Andrew Thall

Andrew Thall

• 158 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
I don't see where you set the rig model nor do I see where you would set the "parameter String".  Could you send me a screen shot showing me where to look???
Thanks
Andy, k2oo
Photo of K1DBO

K1DBO

• 477 Posts
  • 78 Reply Likes
Andy,

In Slice Master

Then in Log4OM,

Then hit the "Save parameter" button and the "Open" button.

But if you cant find that dialog

It's hiding under the "headphones" icon.

Good luck!

--Don
Photo of Andrew Thall

Andrew Thall

• 158 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
I did what you said and now it doesn't display the frequency at all.  Can you use TeamViewer to look at my set-up and help me??  if so, send me an e-mail to: thall@thall.net and I'll give you my cellphone number.
Photo of Andrew Thall

Andrew Thall

• 158 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
My thanks to Don for all his help. 
Photo of Rory - N6OIL

Rory - N6OIL

• 294 Posts
  • 54 Reply Likes
I use OnmiRig with my 6500 and all is FB. Hamlib was bust for me.
Photo of Alex - DH2ID

Alex - DH2ID, Elmer

• 954 Posts
  • 177 Reply Likes
I also use OmniRig - if I want to use Log4OM.
Photo of Gayle Lawson

Gayle Lawson

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Don:

Got it running, it works great.  HamLib forgets the TCP parameter when LogOM is shut down, you have to reload it  every time the logger starts, but it works well.  Omni rig works when the logger is started, no extra step.  I will run the ham lib version with Slice-Master.   As Rory indicated above HamLib has also been a bust for me, this is the first time that it shown any life.  Thanks for the help

Gayle K0FLY
Photo of K1DBO

K1DBO

• 477 Posts
  • 78 Reply Likes
Gayle,

Happy to hear it works out.  I cant to much about the Log4OM side of things but if there is something I can do on the Slice Master side, just let me know.  So far I've noticed that Log4OM closes the connection if the Flex doesnt have a TX slice selected.  I should be able to fix that on my end.  It's on my to-do list.

--Don