Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Need help from Mac OS users with FLDIGI and MacLogger

henrylance
henrylance Member ✭✭
Looking for some help from Mac OS users, using FLDIGI and MacLogger.

I can not seem to get FLDIGI, to log to MacLogger.  Read and re-read all the instructions.  It seems pretty straight forward, on both sides.

FLDIGI is working fine, all modes, just won’t send a contact to MacLogger.  Asked Don who wrote MacLogger and he had no idea ( maybe he does not use MacLogger ).

Many years back, an Apple Script had to be used to link logging from FLDIGI to MacLogger.  Now, FLDIGI has a menu selection for MacLogger, and its really a check off a box, and you should be good to go.

I have MacLogger working fine with WJST and FT8.  Logs perfect.  Since I am all Mac for everything else in my life it would be great to use it for Ham Radio.  I do have Windows 10 on a bootcamp partition, but If I want to do something else I have to reboot out of Windows.

Using trial version of macLogger, which Don says is 100 % the same as the paid version.  If I can get FLDIGI to log to MacLogger, I have no problem with buying both MacLogger and DogPark SDR.

Flex 6500, version 2.4 SSDR. Mac Mini 2.6ghz, 16 gb RAM 500 gb SSD.

I’m missing something ?? 

Any help much appreciated.  Lance L  k4wh

Answers

• Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I haven't used FLDIGI with Dogpark in awhile but I believe there is a script that comes with MacLogger that you run first.  Then FLDIGI and Maclogger will communicate.  Are you using DogparkSDR?   MacLogger reads the frequency and other information from DogParkSDR.
  • Don Agro
    Don Agro Member
    edited May 2019
    As I mentioned to you in several emails - it is a fldigi configuration issue - there is nothing to change in MacLoggerDX to get AppleScript logging working. No check box, or on-off switch of any sort. There is a sample script delivered in the Extras folder and it still works as it always has. I'm not sure why you are posting this on the Flex Community instead of the fldigi group - and yes, I do use MacLoggerDX.
  • henrylance
    henrylance Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Don, thanks for your input, but  in the FLDIGI help/user manual, contains instructions for MacLogger, as I said it’s a simple process.  I assume that it should work.  I think I mentioned to you that I did try the Apple Script, from your supplied folder, and that did not work.  That makes me think I have missed something.  I posted here because this group very often is quick with good suggestions.  Thank you.

• Don Agro
    Don Agro Member
    edited May 2019
    I have verified with the script author (K3DCW) that his script still works with fldigi and MacLoggerDX...
    https://www.dogparksoftware.com/mldx_and_fldigi.html

It can be found in the Extras folder of the MacLoggerDX downloaded Disk Image, under Sample FilesScriptsfldigi scriptsAutoLogFldigitoMLDX, along with a PDF showing the setup directions.
  • henrylance
    henrylance Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Thank you

• K3DCW
    K3DCW Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I'll respond directly to you via email.
  • henrylance
    henrylance Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    problem resolved thanks to K3DCW

Thank you

• K3DCW
    K3DCW Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Glad I could help.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.