Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Need CAT cable diagram Flex 6600m to ACOM 2000 new style RCU

Jeff Schwartz
Jeff Schwartz Member ✭✭
New Flex user, 6600M, amazing radio. I’m looking for the correct 9 pin to 15 pin diagram to run directly to the ACOM 2000A new style RCU for auto band changes. I have an FDTI USB to Serial cable that shows up in the Flex screen and will hook up to the serial 9 pin end of the cable for the ACOM. ACOM does not have a designated Flex cable diagram in their manual and I can’t find one on the internet. I have tried the K3 and newer Kenwood cable designs for the RS232 pin outs with no success. I’m looking for anyone that actually has figured this out already. I have seen several posts from months to years ago on this topic with no resolution as far as I could tell. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks... Jeff

Answers

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I assume you are talking about a Acom to PC cable and running DDUTIL software?

Are you trying to come up with a cable to frequency control the Acom directly from the Flex.
  • Jeff Schwartz
    Jeff Schwartz Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    ACOM frequency band segment directly from Flex. I have controlled the ACOM directly with both Yaesu and Kenwood rigs and would now like to do the same with the Flex. No PC involvement required. Jeff
  • Jeff Schwartz
    Jeff Schwartz Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Got it figured out with help from ACOM and Flex Help Desk.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited February 2018
    Jeff,

Probably needed to add a null modem adapter? (or switch pins 2 & 3 of DB9).

Dave wo2x

• Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    On the older 2000A pins 2 and 3 reversed on one end of the cable (null).  Also you could not have any other pins other than 2,3,and 5. Not sure if this is still the same for the new controller.  Worked fine with the older controller.  Good luck.  Jim K4JAF
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited February 2018
    Jim

The original poster is connecting from the USB port of the Flex direct to DB15 on back of the new style RCU which accepts CAT commands. 

The back of the amp are proprietary commands which DDUtil supports.

Dave wo2x

• Jeff Schwartz
    Jeff Schwartz Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    That was it. Had to switch pins 2 and 3 from the diagram in the ACOM manual. All is good now. Jeff / ki0kb

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.