Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Need a 5000A HTRX board

Options
Alan C
Alan C Member ✭✭
Appears to power up OK, but the 5000A refuses to talk to my computer via Firewire (no device found). Tried everything under the sun (even another computer). 4 Different FW cards (two with TI chipset). Different cables. Different Power SDR versions. Followed the Quick Start guidance up religiously. This is my third 5000A and I am quite familiar with the machine.

I have even replaced the Texas Instruments 1394 Interface IC (IC53). 64 lead QFP. It made no difference - and all voltages check good. Even checked the two crystals connected to this chip - checked right on frequency.

All components and PC boards look pristine. Not even any dust.

Long shot - if someone would have an HTRX board, I'm sure it would solve my issue.
This is the board with the power switch.

My serial number is 4311-3472

HTRX board pic:

Alan, W4FBI

Comments

• Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Alan

Could the little teeny coax jumpers be bad or connected to the wrong teeny little sockets?
  • Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    You also should consider the guy that repairs the legacy radios for Flex. Called Troy Radio Service
  • Alan C
    Alan C Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Neal,

Yes, all connectors are correct and seated properly. (I took photos before/after)

I will check with Troy Svc

thx,

Alan
  • Alan C
    Alan C Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    OK, Allright!  I think that I am the only one on Earth that didn't know this.

When installing Power SDR, make sure the radio is OFF (per installation guidance). No problem.

What the installation guidance does not tell you is: DO NOT remove the 13.8v power to the radio.

I turned off the Power Supply (in addition to the front power switch) and installed Power SDR. I get "no device found" when cranking up Power SDR. I fought with this for two months (different FW cables and cards, etc), until I found out (by accident) that 13.8v power must be applied to the radio when installing Power SDR (front switch off).

Perhaps this note will help someone in the future.

duh...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.