Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

NCJ Article - Flex 6600M for SO2R contesting

Joe N3HEE
Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭

I would like to thank AL (K0AD) for his excellent article in the latest issue (Nov/Dec 2018) of the National Contest Journal magazine pertaining to his personal experience using a Flex 6600M for SO2R contesting.  I found Al's assessment of the radio to be accurate and honest compared to my experience with the same radio.  I purchased a Flex 6600M for many of the same reasons and have found it to be an excellent contest radio platform.  -Joe N3HEE

Comments

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Joe,

I agree completely. Operators using Flex Radios have won three recent major contests: WRTC, IARU, and CQ WW SSB (at least the USA). They clearly are the best radios available today. I can't wait for the next big innovation. No other radio constantly gives you new exciting features to make casual or contesting operations more fun. 

Mack
    W4AX
  • Al Dewey
    Al Dewey Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Thanks for the kind words, Joe.  I really love doing SO2R with the Flex 6600M.  Great radio!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.