Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

N4PY Flex 6000 support without SmartSDR CAT

Options
Carl Moreschi
Carl Moreschi Member
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
I now have my Beta Version 4.12C of Pegasus Plus supporting the Flex 6500 and 6700 without the need to run CAT.  I also now allow my program VFO A and VFO B to be assigned to any active slice receiver, not just slice A and B.

This gives much additional and simple control over the radio and SmartSDR.
You can now configure amplifiers, rotors, k1el keyers easily with N4PY software.  I also provide a DUAL receive button that when on, turns on the audio for the VFO B slice and routes the audio for VFO A to the left headphone and the audio for VFO B to the right headphone.  When this button is then clicked off, only the audio for VFO A is sent to both left and right headphones.

There's also a nice "Up" button that allows quick setting of an up khz amount in one click.

And full support for the Woodbox radio 3 knob device and Flex knob with over 60 user assignable functions for these devices.

This is available at www.n4py.com on my test page.  Send an email to n4py2@earthlink.net for more info.

Comments

• Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Hi Carl. Is this the same as versions for other radios where if you use N4PY software to do the controls that you cannot do them from the radio itself? I suspect not since it is not using CAT but would just like to verify. May be time to do another renewal. :) Thanks and 73 Greg
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Sounds neat.  Support for FlexControl Knob and Woodbox.....
    Now if you could just find a way to interface the Hercules DJ Controller and support all the dials, knobs, buttons and sliders in that piece of equipment it would be pretty slick!  I have used the modified PowerSDR with it on my 1500 and it is very helpful.  But I would pay money to have it interfaced to my 6500 in the really flexible way you are describing for the FlexControl Knob!
  • Beppe IK3VIG
    Beppe IK3VIG Member
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Hi, testing.........thank you Carl !

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.