Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

N4PY adds Flex 6000 Function

Carl Moreschi
Carl Moreschi Member
edited September 2015 in New Ideas
I have been adding much function for the Flex 6500 and Flex 6700 with my N4PY software.  I now have full automatic transverter operation settings the Flex 6000 antennas and TX outputs according to definitions configured in N4PY.

I also now have added the following function:

Muting slice B on Flex 6000 when split gets turned on if dual not on.
    Volume and mute control for both slice A and slice B.
    Agc Threshold for slice A.
    Full dual receive control with headphones automatically
      set for slice A in left and slice B in right when dual
      receive it turned on, and headphone set for balanced slice A
      when dual receive is turned off.  This makes a one button
      click for dual receive operation on/off.
    Full control of AGC Threshold with the N4PY RF gain control.
    PBT control
    RIT control                               

All this is available and more in my latest N4PY Pegasus Plus program at www.n4py.com

I also have some beta versions so contact me at n4py2@earthlink.net for more info.
Carl N4PY

Comments

• Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    It sounds like you can only interface with slices A and B. Does this mean you are using the SmartCAT interface instead of the Network API?
  • Carl Moreschi
    Carl Moreschi Member
    edited April 2014
    Right now I am using both the direct TCP interface and also the SmartSDR CAT interface.  But I am not using virtual comports to get to CAT.  I am using the CAT port 4992 TCP interface to get to CAT.  I am still trying to figure out how to get the S meter values into my program without using CAT.  SO far I have not solved that puzzle.

Carl

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.