Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

N3FJP AClog Beta

Dave - WB5NHL
Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Scott, N3FJP has released a beta version (6.3.6) of AClog that sends time stamped spots to Flex radio. AClog must be using the Flex API interface as its rig interface. All the filtering capabilities of AClog spotting are now available including "only new ones". Spot decay is set to 30 min and is not currently adjustable.

Credit to FRS and Scott's software abilities. Scott does not own a Flex but was able to get the spotting working well.

Scott is looking for Flex user reports on his Yahoo group. The beta can be found at  http://www.n3fjp.com/programs/ACLBETA.exe

Comments

• James Kennedy-WU5E
    James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Got the beta downloaded and running but the spots are not showing
    Jim
    wu5e

• FRED  W9TB
    FRED W9TB Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Any one know how to set this up ?
  • Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Do you have AClog rig interface setup for the Flex API? Are you getting frequency & mode data from Flex?  Have enabled DX spotting in Aclog? Are you seeing spots in ACLog?
  • Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    First you have to have DX spotting setup in AClog.  Help can be found on the N3FJP web site for this.   You also have to setup the rig interface using the Flex API   NOT via a CAT Com port.   That's all that has be done on the AClog side.
  • Lawrence Gray
    Lawrence Gray Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Works great.  I use AC Log for my general logging, so this is a welcome update.

• FRED  W9TB
    FRED W9TB Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Dave can you post a link to where I can find the info on his web site ?
  • FRED  W9TB
    FRED W9TB Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Setup the rig interface using the Flex API   NOT via a CAT Com port is where I get lost.
  • Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    DX Spotting
    http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q46

Settings -> Rig Interface ->     select Flex API in the Select Rig: menu    NOT FlexRadio

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    It took a few minutes for the setup to make connections and start showing spots, but it works really nicely!
    This is really cool!

Here are some general observations.....

1) It shows lots of duplicate spots of the same call.  I don't know if there is a way to filter those out, or perhaps I need to set my time-out shorter....

2) I haven't seen any color of spot other than green.  

3) I wish that when I click on a spot in the pan that it would then put the call into ACLog. 
    I don't know if either API supports this

ACLog is my main general purpose logging program.  N1MM+ is my contesting program.
    So now I am all set!  Thanks to N3FJP and to Flex!

Ken - NM9P
  • Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    The duplicate spots are coming because they are duplicated in the dx cluster feeding AClog. They are also duplicated in the DX spot window in AClog.

N3FJP sets the decay time to 30 min. I have commented to Scott that this needs to be adjustable (like Slicemaster). This was Scott's response:".... since Flex has already developed a user settings form (with the associated code) and my software has already handed the spot of to Flex, additional spot customization that appears on the Flex equipment is something that would be best added on the Flex side."
    I have not seen any decay time settings on the Flex side???

Spot color is set in the Flex settings for spots

• W8QB
    W8QB Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I reached out to Scott (N3FJP) thanking him for the new FlexRadio spotting functionality incorporated into the latest beta release of his excellent Amateur Contact Log (ACL) software.  I've been getting acquainted with the new software this afternoon and it's doing a terrific job sending spots to my 6400M.

Hopefully a future release of SmartSDR will incorporate more granular ways to configure the "color" of individual spots generated by ACL.  For example, as others have indicated, it would be nifty to see LOTW members' spots highlighted in a distinctive color.  I think the logical solution is for FlexRadio to implement distinctive colors into a future version of SmartSDR, rather than expecting Scott to integrate it into ACL and his many other superb applications. 
  • FRED  W9TB
    FRED W9TB Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Thanks Dave my firewall was problem works now. I like SliceMaster better it shows who sent the spot.

73 Fred
  • James Charlton
    James Charlton Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I guess I'm the only one who is having trouble with getting N3FJP spots to appear on my Flex 6600m.

The Flex is hardwired to my router (local LAN) and the PC connects to the same router wirelessly.

I have the Beta version of N3FJP ACL loaded on my PC and it works fine.  That is, it displays spots in both tabular and graphic formats on the logger's screen (on the PC).  The PC can send band, freq and mode data to the Flex which responds appropriately. 

The Flex can send similar data to the logger which places it in the proper spaces.  Then, I seem to fall off the happy path.

In the logger radio interface, I have selected Flex radio because the Flex API setting does not seem to work in that no data is transferred either way.  I found an obscure little box that apparently had to be checked enable the API but, checking that didn't seem to change anything. 

I guess the heart of the problem is associated with the radio not respondidng when the logger is setup for Flex api. 

Can anyone see what I've been doing wrong?
    Thanks
    Jim Charlton   AD0AB
  • FRED  W9TB
    FRED W9TB Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Jim have you checked your firewall that's what got mine working.
  • Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Flex Radio CAT interface will not work to send spots from AClog. Only the Flex API interface.   I agree to check firewall permissions. When AClog connects to the Flex SmartSDR will popup a little window saying client connect from .....
  • James Charlton
    James Charlton Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Thank you.  As far as I can tell, the firewall isn't blocking anything.  When it does, I get a large warning and I'm not seeing anything now.
    Jim
  • James Charlton
    James Charlton Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Thanks.  What is the Flex API Interface and how do I turn it on?  I can't find anything by that name.  I'm missing something somewhere, but just can't find where.  As you can tell, I'm very new to Flex.

I've got SDR v2.3.9 running in the radio, that same version of SDR running on the PC and the N3FJP logger rubbing on the same PC. I'm never too sure where to find what when making changes. 

Thanks for the suggestions, but I'm still spotless.
    Jim 

• W8QB
    W8QB Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hi Jim,
    These steps worked for me.

1) launch ACL
    2) Go to settings, rig interface, select "Flex API", click DONE
    3) Go to settings, application program interface; place a checkmark in box labled "TCP API enabled (server)"

4) On the radio, go to menu, spots, "enabled"
  • James Charlton
    James Charlton Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    YOU ARE A GENIUS!
    Those steps worked and now everything is working great!
    Thank you!
    Jaimie "Jim" Charlton  AD0AB
  • W8QB
    W8QB Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I would not have known, apart from solutions others provided in this forum.  But I'm delighted that you are up and running!
  • KC9EI - Dave
    KC9EI - Dave Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Works great for me!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.