Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

N1mmplus+1.6+set+up

2»

Answers

• Steve Gw0gei
    Steve Gw0gei Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    All noted and yes I can still have two slices open on Hf or on 4m tvtr band with ssdr and n1mmplus does allow me to work s and p on second slice with both rx enabled and the Ctrl and r a row function works when I want to move the tx onto the second slice to work a mult or spot - on tx it mutes and protects both rx slices so that is the so2v solution for now, using so2r selection in n1mmplus. Only thing not working for me still is dax corrupted driver, which I am working on directly with flex engineer after I put a help desk ticket in. At least in the meantime I can continue to use the radio and contest with it on cw and phone - it's only digi modes and dvk that I need dax working for. Will give it all a shake out in ukei dx cw contest this coming weekend all being well 73 Steve gw0gei / gw9J
  • Barry N1EU
    Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    My understanding is that Flex has made the irrevocable decision to stop supporting SO2V functionality going forward.  So I think if you want SO2V, you have to regress to v1.5.  I hope I'm wrong.
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    In a certain way I agree Barry, particularly for the 6300/6500 crowd. I use my 6700 at N6RO in SO2R, and My 6500 is being deployed to K6LRG as a sort of SO2R/SO2V solution, I have been ok with the workaround(s) I stated for SO2V, plus Muted? SO2R...multiband SO2V... err whatever. (you can see how this terminology and thinking all needs to change), I honestly think the real solution is to add some additional functionality to N1MM that will make it more adaptable to the flex environment by having an effectively functional single band 2 slice option.  I had pointed out the SO2V shortfall during alpha.  I was OK using 2 slices on 1 band in N1MM during CQWW cw, and ARRL 10 using the SO2R option and opening the 2 slices in SSDR and attributed it to an architectural shift that N1MM team will want to get onboard with.  And not just them.  Writelog is important and Wintest(most popular in EU and US multi's with ex CT/TRLog users) is as well.  The brunt of this cannot fall on Flex radio.  I would expect the loggers need to adapt to the new technology and capability, and add the flexibility that the Flex signature series and break from the 2 VFO or physical Primary/Sub superhet standard fare.

In short, Its the loggers that need to adapt to the Flex features, rather than flex castrating its capabilities to downward support legacy options.  And we as contest operators need to keep an open mind, share our thoughts with the logger teams, and adapt and take advantage of this to boost our scores and give us an edge in competition.

• Barry N1EU
    Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Understood Chris.  I might invite some of the N1MM developers to the conversation.
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    That of course would be the best approach I think...  I know that CT craig has been pretty vocal with them, but the more the merrier :-)
  • Barry N1EU
    Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I exchanged emails with one of the principal N1MM developers.  They worked with Flex on the v1.6 release.  They raised a flag about v1.6's impact on SO2V but evidently Flex engineers were focused on other v1.6 changes.  

Sorry Chris, at this point I simply am not willing to buy: "In short, Its the loggers that need to adapt to the Flex features, rather than flex castrating its capabilities to downward support legacy options."

Barry N1EU
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    that's your opinion choice Barry, I think that in the end we are striving for the same thing, to have the loggers work properly and be intuitive.  how we get to that point with this architecture is negotiable.. Ill do my best to keep helping and adding feedback and I am sure you will do the same.  We will get there..
  • Barry N1EU
    Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Agreed Chris!  Unfortunately not much we can do to push either side  ;-)
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    SO2V is not currently supported.  
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I am a bit more optimistic.. Barry can I have your direct email?  If possible I want to compare notes with you on the functionality differences in your experience of 1.5 vs 1.6 vs say a K3 with sub.  We all have different operating styles, and I have only used SO2V when doing a single band at a multi or if I am SOSB in the past.  I am assuming your definition is a single band SO2V (like) setup..?  I tried it under 1.5 and I seem to recall it not working quite right there as well..  Ill have to dig up my notes.  but if you could do me a favor and fire me over your specific use vs what was working in 1.5 vs what you see as broken in 1.6 it would help me a lot.  n6wm <at> largeradio.org   Thanks alot.. for instance I notices that clicking in the band map spawned a 3rd slice instance.. etc.
  • Barry N1EU
    Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Chris, I'm barry <dot> n1eu <at> gmail <dot> com and happy to correspond.  We can take the conversation off-line.  I am sending you an email now.
  • EduardoCarvalho
    EduardoCarvalho Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hello,

Anyone else having problems with the "~" key not performing the stereo function when working with SO2R setup?

Regards,

Eduardo Carvalho, KC8R
  • Phil M0VSE
    Phil M0VSE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    It does seem to be keyboard layout dependant. I thought that it was the ' key on US keyboards?

Phil
  • EduardoCarvalho
    EduardoCarvalho Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Thanks Phil, I got it working. I was selecting SO2V instead of SO2R... my mistake.

Eduardo - KC8R

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.