N1MM with 2 Flex 6500. Contest class

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
We are planning to operate CQWW SSB with two Flex 6000 series radios. We a re looking to run Multi Op singe transmitter. One run radio and one pulling different band Mults only

My question is that when setting up the Run Flex for SO2V with N1MM you actually set up Slice A as radio 1 and Slice b as Radio 2.

Is N1MM going to look at and log as two radios thus making the overall station multi multi with three radios not the physical 2

We want to be multi single and I want to make sure I'm legal

Mike
Photo of Mike Hoing

Mike Hoing

• 265 Posts
  • 42 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Chris Tate  - N6WM

Chris Tate - N6WM, Elmer

• 808 Posts
  • 217 Reply Likes
Official Response
Ok.. here are the rules as far as multi-single goes

Single Transmitter (MULTI-ONE): Only one transmitted signal on one band permitted during any 10-minute period (run transmitter). Exception: One — and only one — other transmitted signal (multiplier transmitter) may be used during any 10-minute period, if — and only if — it is on a different band from the run transmitter and the station worked is a new multiplier. The run and multiplier transmitters are governed by independent 10-minute rules. Ten-minute periods begin with the first QSO on a band. The log must indicate which transmitter (run or multiplier) made each QSO. The multiplier transmitter may not call CQ (solicit contacts).

Source: http://www.cqww.com/rules.htm

So  My interpretation

Flex one -- run radio.  computer 1 N1MM instance 1 (SO2V or SO2R on one band is ok.  if you go to 2 bands 10 minute rule will apply.  No one says you cant have another slice open for band awareness however but tx there and you are stuck there for 10)  Flex 2 computer 2 N1MM instance 2 -- Mult radio  same deal watch that 10 minute rule.   You can network the two instances so the log is unified.

Thats the way I see it.

Chris
N6WM