Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

N1MM+ Voice Keyer Configuration for Flex-6500

Gary Robertson - KY5R
Gary Robertson - KY5R Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
In the Community, I have seen several conversations about using N1MM+ Voice Keyer capabilities with the Flex-6000 radios. Does anyone have a step-by-step description for properly configuring N1MM+ so that I can use its Voice Keyer with my Flex-6500? Tips on how to record various .wav files to playback when I hit an N1MM+ function key would also be helpful. Possibly, N9IO or W9IE can help me but I will accept assistance from anyone.

Answers

• Kevin LaFata
    Kevin LaFata Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I've been trying to do this too. I thought there might be a YouTube video or something that outlines it, but I could not find one.

If I get it working, I'll make a video though  :)   I have a 6300 so it should be pretty similar.

• Gary Robertson - KY5R
    edited February 2015
    Thanks Kevin.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
  • Kevin LaFata
    Kevin LaFata Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Ok.. I ended up making a PDF, I'm too stopped up to record anything :)   

http://www.highorbit.com/higho/Configuring_n1mm_for_Voice_Call.pdf

Hopefully I didn't miss any steps. If you end up with any trouble please let me know and I'll see if I can still help.

• Gary Robertson - KY5R
    edited February 2020
    Thanks Kevin. I made the changes you provided in the PDF. I think it is going to work but currently N1MM+ can't find my pre-recorded callsign in the noted documents file when I press F1. I will do some more research and figure it out. I truely appreciate your help.
  • Randy Diddel
    Randy Diddel Member
    edited October 2015
    Bump! Link is broken, can I find it somewhere else?

• Oliver
    Oliver Member
    edited October 2015
    I would love to see the quite too, Kevin, please, can you give us a new link?
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2020
    You didn't here it hear, but when SmartSDR v1.6 is released, I think you will find a nifty solution to the N1MM voice keyer issue.
  • Kevin LaFata
    Kevin LaFata Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Ha... I didn't realize that was my PDF...  Not sure what I did with it though, sorry.  Can't wait to see the nifty solution though.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Tease us some more! Oh!. It would be nice to have it for the weekend CQWW SSB contest! . I would love to be able to record a tutorial on the subject...if I had time to learn it first..... (;p)
  • Wheelin Rev
    Wheelin Rev Member
    edited December 2016
    Tim, I didn't hear it here but any word yet on a projected release date for SmartSDR v1.6? Also, while whoever is testing the API with N1MM+, could they let us know if it will work with the N3FJP software suite too? If whoever does not have the suite, it can be obtained on a trial basis for free from the http://n3fjp.com website. Also, from this posting (https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/is_there_a_way_to_get_a_voice_keyer_running_through...), I plan to contact Scott Davis, N3FJP, about making the necessary changes (if any) to his programs for interfacing the voice and CW keyers to the FLEX 6000 series radios. Is there somebody at FLEX Radio that I could put Scott in touch with to discuss making his programs work like N1MM+ with the FLEX 6000 series radios? Thanks in advance! 73, Dave Hamm, K4EET

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.