Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

N1MM+ SO2V configuration ?

Steve Killeen
Steve Killeen Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in Third-Party Software
I would like to configure my N1MM+ with my 6600 to work with two slices that each have their own antenna.

Slice A: 20 meters CW 
Slice B: 40 meters CW

Is smartSDR capable of doing the SO2V mode ? 

Thanks
Steve

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2020
    Yes, you can do that, but the operating mode is SO2R, not SO2V which is defined as both receivers in the same band.  With SO2V, you cannot have separate RX and TX antennas.

You must use two panadapters and have a slice receiver in each.  Then you can configure separate RX and TX antennas for each slice.
  • Steve Killeen
    Steve Killeen Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I have the 6600 setup doing Slice A: 20 meters CW / Slice B: 40 meters CW .

Where I get confused is how do I setup N1MM+ to follow the two slices. I saw the SO2R document for the 6700 but it talks about SSB and DAX streams etc... Looking for a CW setup.

• Steve Killeen
    Steve Killeen Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I got it working .... Followed mostly the instructions in the 6700 SO2R N1MM+ setup guide.

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2020
    That is great news.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.