Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

N1MM not following SSDR 2.5.1 band/frequency

Lionel
Lionel Member ✭✭✭
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I just came in from club FD and figured I’d make a few qso’s from home. Started on 20m, one slice, A, and N1MM - all good, right frequency logged. Then I changed to 40m and made a dozen or so then realized that N1MM was still logging the last 20M frequency, oops. I’ve not seen this on 2.4.9 where N1MM is set up for two slices, per setup on this board, and works fine. I don’t believe I’ve changed any N1MM settings. SmartCAT is up and tow com ports are assigned as before, when it worked. Most likely this is an operator error but still I’m curious if anyone has seen this kind of N1MM behavior. Oh, this is a 6400.

Answers

• Steve Sterling
    Steve Sterling Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I am pulling my hair out with the same thing on SSDR 3.0.27. If I use N1MM+ to change frequency or band (like type in the frequency), radio tracks fine. But it I change frequency or band using the radio, N1MM+ doesn't get the message.  Not exactly fun trying to S&P a contest when having to type in every frequency change instead of clicking on a live bandscope when you see a sig.

I guess I'll have to downgrade back to 2.4.9 (again-- not the first time). These new versions aren't ready for prime time.

• Lionel
    Lionel Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Hmm. Interesting. It’s the same here; not following the radio, most of the time. I think it did follow once while I was checking things. I will need to use a more organized approach and see if there are certain combinations of settings.
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Luckily FD is not a contest but a test to shake out the gear for field use. A little more shaken is needed eh,?
  • Michael N3LI
    Michael N3LI Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    We had a non-flex problem with N1MM at Field Day. We had everything set for UT, and someone decided unilaterally that the computer for the station he was operating at needed to be set for DST. Just. One. Computer.

At one time, N1MM would scream bloody **** if all the times were not really close. But it simply let the computer chug along. I didn't notice this until I was called to the radio for another problem and noticed the computer time had been changed. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.