N1MM Maestro & 6500

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Ok, I'm stumped.  I'm using a Maestro, 6500, and Win 10 computer.  All three devices are on a local switch and all three have static IP numbers. The Maestro and the 6500 are communicating nicely.  

I'd like to do two simple things: a) send control/status data on slice A to the computer to be used by N1MM logging software.; and b) send CW to keying commands from N1MM to the Maestro-controlled 6500 (while maintaining the use of my plugged-in paddles).  I was hoping that the SmartSDR CAT software would do the trick, but so-far I've been unable to make it work. 

When CAT begins, I get a red error message ("has com 104 open which is needed by this port").  Furthermore, the CAT Com menu doesn't show up in the port edit window.  I think we should be able to make this work without using the data and keying pins on the AUX port but maybe not.  Please help.  

By the way, the Maestro/6500 combo is a wonderful! thing for an old ham to use.
Photo of Joe - N7IV

Joe - N7IV

• 21 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 8643 Posts
  • 3244 Reply Likes
Official Response
I have changed this post to a problem topic and converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.