N1MM+ Logger and SSDR 1.6x Setup

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Has anyone set up N1MM+ with the revised CAT?  I've done a complete reinstall of both SSDR and N1MM+ because I was having CW keying issues.
Photo of Steve W6SDM

Steve W6SDM

• 625 Posts
  • 283 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Sergey, R5AU

Sergey, R5AU

• 860 Posts
  • 117 Reply Likes
Hi Steve, after upgrade on 1.6 I just add Winkey port and delete previous CWX checkbox - everything work perfect now incl speed change, auto CQ etc
Photo of Steve W6SDM

Steve W6SDM

• 625 Posts
  • 283 Reply Likes
Thanks, Sergy.  I did a new install of N1MM because some of my macros in the copy I had were corrupted.  So, everything is being set up from scratch.  N1MM connects to the Flex okay and tracks Slice A as I change frequency.  I set up a new Winkeyer port, which is port 10.  My Winkeyer goes to COM 6 automatically.  I can change the port number in Device Manager to COM10, but this causes a port conflict when I start N1MM.

The error that I get in N1MM is "No CW port set in config."
(Edited)
Photo of Barry N1EU

Barry N1EU

• 495 Posts
  • 123 Reply Likes
Steve, if you're using a hardware Winkeyer, you shouldn't be creating a virtual Winkey port in SSDR CAT.

Barry N1EU
Photo of Steve W6SDM

Steve W6SDM

• 625 Posts
  • 283 Reply Likes
Barry, I would be happy keying with my hardware, a Ham Gadgets K1EL Winkey-compatible MK-1 keyer, or just keying the Flex with N1MM through software.  I had everything working before I re-installed N1MM+ and ugraded to SSDR 1.6.  

I guess what I need is the configuration for N1MM+.  I have the first Port set to COM7, Radio as Flex 6000, CW/other checked, and 38400,N,8,1.  This is CAT for the Flex and it works fine.  If I try to send CW from N1MM, I get an N1MM error message saying "No CW port is set in Config".
Photo of Barry N1EU

Barry N1EU

• 495 Posts
  • 123 Reply Likes
Official Response
Steve, the CW port should be a separate port with NONE for Radio.

The CW port should be the port assigned to the MK-1 as seen in Windows Device Manager.  

Alternately, you create a Winkey virtual Port in SSDR CAT Mgr and assign that as the CW port in N1MM.
(Edited)
Photo of Steve W6SDM

Steve W6SDM

• 625 Posts
  • 283 Reply Likes
Barry,  that did it.  Somehow it found my MK-1 as I can control the speed from the pot.  The MK-1 is on COM6 and I have a Winkey port set for COM10.  I have the N1MM+ config as COM10, Radio=none, CW/other checked.  The DTR is always on, RTS is CW, Radio Nr=1, and the WInkey box is checked.  It seems to be working okay.  Thanks for your help.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.