Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

N1MM+ focus helper with SmartSDR in MDI configuration

Matt NQ6N
Matt NQ6N Member ✭✭
edited July 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
It appears that the Focus Helper mode for N1MM+ Logger works to restore focus to N1MM+ if the smartSDR window is clicked.  However I noticed that when I have "popped out" the slice windows, clicking on them does not seem to trigger the focus helper to restore focus to N1MM+ logger.

I wanted to request advice or report this as an issue, depending on whether it is the intended behavior of the focus helper. 

Answers

• ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Matt this thread would be best addressed by me or Craig.  Is this in the OTRSP spec?  I dont usually use this function.  is this the same as to move focus over to the other "radio"?
  • Matt NQ6N
    Matt NQ6N Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Chris -- The focus helper seems to monitor N1MM+ UDP data so that SmartSDR can return focus to N1MM+ after the user clicks, etc. 

This seems to work fine when SmartSDR is all in one big window, but apparently the interactions with the "popped out" windows are not considered when making the determination of what to do. 
  • Matt NQ6N
    Matt NQ6N Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Edited my initial comment above.  Also, I am not sure this is directly related to OTRSP, it seems like more of a workaround for the behavior of Windows that only lets one application have focus at a time.  

So for example if I tune a slice using the SmartSDR window and then press F1, N1MM does not know that I pressed F1.  The "focus helper" fixes that issue for SmartSDR in one window, but it does not fix it for "popped out" windows. 
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Oh ya.. that could be a problem.  So if I am understanding the focus helper is not returning focus to N1MM with popped out pan adapter windows?  If thats the case I will try and record that as a defect
  • Matt NQ6N
    Matt NQ6N Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Just wanted to follow up on this. I noticed that the defect still seems to be happening in SmartSDR 2.2.8.  I wanted to confirm that it's on the list. 
  • Andy - KU7T
    Andy - KU7T Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I am not able to make the Focus helper work at all with N1MM+. 

In N1MM+/Config/Broadcast data I have checked all. In SmartSDR I have selected N1MM and left all defaults. Not working...

I am not sure what I am missing. Can you walk me through how to set this up or share a link? The notes I found are 4 years old....

Andy
    KU7T

• Ken
    Ken Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I have the same problem.  N1MM focus is not restored if I do anything outside of the N1MM window.  Lou N2TU at the Huntsville Hamfest this weekend thought it could be a problem with port selection.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Ken N5EE
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018

I also have the same problem. 
  • Andy - KU7T
    Andy - KU7T Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Does anyone have the focus helper working at all currently? If so, can you share settings please?

Andy
    KU7T
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited July 2019
    Time for me to chime in I guess.

Focus helper seems to work fine in the main window but when you use pop out windows focus does not return to N1MM+.

11 months.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.