Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

n1mm+ and tilde

jfsiepmann
jfsiepmann Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Using 6500, N1MM+ v1.0.7233, WIN-Key - on cw messages.
Tilde (~) in a message does not work.  Anyone have similar experience and/or solution?

Answers

• Terry K8EET
    Terry K8EET Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Perhaps it's because there is no Tilde symbol (~) in Morse code?
  • jfsiepmann
    jfsiepmann Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    That maybe be true that there is no tilde in Morse code, but I have used it successfully with other radios (with N1MM+) and it is noted in the N1MM+ manual.  Thanks for your comment.
  • Andy - KU7T
    Andy - KU7T Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Just hit the tilde character on your keyboard. What would be the purpose to program this key if you can just hit it? Andy KU7T
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    On a US keyboard tilde is used by N1MM to toggle stereo mode.
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Tilde is an important key in OTRSP to toggle audio on 2 slices to mute one, or enable audio, one in Left and one in Right so you can listen to two (virtual) radios simultaneously.

Not sure what you were using it for before, but that has how I have been using it for a long time.
  • jfsiepmann
    jfsiepmann Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Thanks for all your kind responses and suggestions.  I also saw the tilde was being used in the audio/stereo process with Flex now.  And to answer one other comment - some of us like NJ4F, another ot, and others find it useful in our macros,thank you.  But today I read in the N1MM+ manual, which apparently has been updated as the program has been updated.  The tilde half space is now coded with brackets <, > along with the tilde to produce half spaces in the macros.  See page 109. Regards to all. 
    John, N9NA

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.