Mysterious linking of two and twenty meter pans.

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
Flex 6700 running Smart SDR 1.10.16.91 on Windows 10 MS Surface Pro 1 with two additional monitors. 20 meter pan running with receiver tuned to 14.070 DIGU working perfectly into DM-780. Click to start new pan opens a 2 meter pan. This is expected as a 2 meter pan had run earlier. But the existing 20 meter pan switches to 2 meters. The result is a pair of 2 meter pans. The new one has a receiver placed in 2 meters as expected from previous use. What had been the 20 meter pan is now changed to 2 meters with a <A pointing to 14.070. Clicking on the <A jumps both pans to 20 meters. Prior to the jump to 20 the digital signals had stopped running in DM-780 and the FM repeater signals were coming through. Now the digital signals return to the DM-780 and the FM signals are gone. When 20 is thus operating there is a B> in the second window. Clicking on this returns to both windows being on 2 meters and the repeater signals again being heard, but the digital signal is now gone. Did I miss a footnote somewhere? Is this correct? What's happening?  
Photo of Jim Bryce W5HFS

Jim Bryce W5HFS

• 158 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9186 Posts
  • 3550 Reply Likes
There is a defect in the bug tracker related to the behavior of switching Nyquist zones and antenna persistence which happens when you open a new panadapter switch to 2m. I do not have the defect number handy right at the moment.
Photo of Jim Bryce W5HFS

Jim Bryce W5HFS

• 158 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Thanks, Tim. I now recall mention of a Nyquist zone issue, a "footnote" as it were. This is currently no problem to me. I posted to be sure Flex is aware of it, and to be sure it is not unique to my equipment. --Jim
Photo of Jim Bryce W5HFS

Jim Bryce W5HFS

• 158 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Here's some earlier discussion with Tim's observations on essentially the same HF/VHF mystery:  https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/scu-functionality