Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

My Maestro will only connect to my 6500 using a Cat5 cable

Ray G3XLG
Ray G3XLG Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
. I  am unable to connect the two using WiFi  for some reason. There is a good wifi connection in the shack & the router is also there. I can see the router connection listed on the Maestro but when I click connect, no radio is found. What is going wrong please?

Answers

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Do you have some way of checking the I/P addresses that are allocated to both the Maestro and the Flex. They should appear in some table in the router.
  • AA5SH
    AA5SH Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    What type of router do you have brand and model? It may be set to block connections between lan(cat 5) and wireless.
  • KENT HUFFORD
    KENT HUFFORD Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    The flex cat cable needs to be connected tothe SAME wifi router. Not another wired router connected to the wifi router. I had this problem.
  • NX6D Dave
    NX6D Dave Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Just want to make sure you understand that the radio does not have a WiFi system in it.  The radio must be connected by wired Ethernet to your LAN.
  • Ray G3XLG
    Ray G3XLG Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017

Thanks for ideas so far, getting closer but not working yet!

The Flex, the PC, Maestro & the Router are all within 6 feet of each other. The Flex was connected to the PC by the Cat5 cable & the PC was connected to the router by WiFi. The Maestro recognised the WiFi link but did not find the radio.

I then changed the Flex Cat5 link to go direct to the router. With this set up, the Maestro then finds the WiFi link and the Flex 6500.

However whilst the Maestro then opens its window & shows the VFO A & B SWR and Sig Strength, iot does not show the frequency display. It s possible to open the Menu for various parameters. To show the display I have to connect a second Cat5 cable to the router from the Maestro.

73 Ray

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    Does the wifi have a firewall?  Sounds like it is blocking the VITA-49 UDP packets
  • Ray G3XLG
    Ray G3XLG Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017

Problem now sorted thank you

Ray

• Ray G3XLG
    Ray G3XLG Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017

Well, it seems to work fine now!

I have a CAT5 cable from the router to the Flex & a CAT 5 cable from the Router to the PC. I reloaded the Beta software onto the Maestro, it now pcked up the Flex 6500 with no problem, I clicked on Connect which it did! The two Ip addresses of the Flex & the Maestro are now very similar, both 192.168.1.**** whereas before, the Maestro was not in that series.

I assume re-loading the software to the Maestro sorted the problem

Thank you for the advice & help

Ray G3XLG

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.