My Maestro will only connect to my 6500 using a Cat5 cable

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
. I  am unable to connect the two using WiFi  for some reason. There is a good wifi connection in the shack & the router is also there. I can see the router connection listed on the Maestro but when I click connect, no radio is found. What is going wrong please?
Photo of Ray G3XLG

Ray G3XLG

• 21 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Jim Gilliam

Jim Gilliam

• 861 Posts
  • 184 Reply Likes
Do you have some way of checking the I/P addresses that are allocated to both the Maestro and the Flex. They should appear in some table in the router.
(Edited)
Photo of Michael - AA5SH

Michael - AA5SH

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
What type of router do you have brand and model? It may be set to block connections between lan(cat 5) and wireless.
Photo of KENT HUFFORD

KENT HUFFORD

• 75 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
The flex cat cable needs to be connected tothe SAME wifi router. Not another wired router connected to the wifi router. I had this problem.
Photo of NX6D Dave

NX6D Dave

• 303 Posts
  • 91 Reply Likes
Just want to make sure you understand that the radio does not have a WiFi system in it.  The radio must be connected by wired Ethernet to your LAN.
Photo of Ray G3XLG

Ray G3XLG

• 21 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes

Thanks for ideas so far, getting closer but not working yet!

The Flex, the PC, Maestro & the Router are all within 6 feet of each other. The Flex was connected to the PC by the Cat5 cable & the PC was connected to the router by WiFi. The Maestro recognised the WiFi link but did not find the radio.

I then changed the Flex Cat5 link to go direct to the router. With this set up, the Maestro then finds the WiFi link and the Flex 6500.

However whilst the Maestro then opens its window & shows the VFO A & B SWR and Sig Strength, iot does not show the frequency display. It s possible to open the Menu for various parameters. To show the display I have to connect a second Cat5 cable to the router from the Maestro.

73 Ray

Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9152 Posts
  • 3478 Reply Likes
Does the wifi have a firewall?  Sounds like it is blocking the VITA-49 UDP packets
Photo of Ray G3XLG

Ray G3XLG

• 21 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes

Problem now sorted thank you

Ray

Photo of Ray G3XLG

Ray G3XLG

• 21 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes

Well, it seems to work fine now!

I have a CAT5 cable from the router to the Flex & a CAT 5 cable from the Router to the PC. I reloaded the Beta software onto the Maestro, it now pcked up the Flex 6500 with no problem, I clicked on Connect which it did! The two Ip addresses of the Flex & the Maestro are now very similar, both 192.168.1.xxx whereas before, the Maestro was not in that series.

I assume re-loading the software to the Maestro sorted the problem

Thank you for the advice & help

Ray G3XLG

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.