My laptop is an hp it has a intel hd 4600 im buying a 6500 is this laptop going to run ssdr,the driver version is 10.18.10.3277

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • (Edited)
Photo of Tony Hateley

Tony Hateley

• 308 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Al / NN4ZZ

Al / NN4ZZ

• 1853 Posts
  • 672 Reply Likes
Hi Tony,
I've been collecting some passmark performance data from folks to help determine the approximate performance threshold needed to run SSDR.   Passmark is a performance test program you can download and there is a free 30 day trial.  It evaluates your PC components including the processor, drives, memory and video which is the most critical factor. The reason I say it helps determine the performance threshold is that depending on what other programs you run concurrently your needs may vary. 

CAVEATS:
--  The data is posted elsewhere but  I haven't posted it here.  FRS may not want me to since they haven't reviewed it.
-- as more folks report their experience the threshold numbers could go up or down a bit.  Not everyone will agree with the data. 
-- other factors like network speed which passmark doesn't measure, can also affect the performance of SSDR

Tim E,
Would FRS like to review the threshold data?  Do you mind if I post what I have with the appropriate caveats?  I can email you a copy of the file if you would like. 

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

Photo of Tony Hateley

Tony Hateley

• 308 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
If it helps please do
Photo of Al / NN4ZZ

Al / NN4ZZ

• 1853 Posts
  • 672 Reply Likes
Tony,
I'm waiting to hear from Tim @ FRS before I post it here on the community.  

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
Photo of Lee

Lee, Elmer

• 680 Posts
  • 287 Reply Likes
I'm running a 4 core i5 lga1150 3ghz 65w HD4600 with a 6300 and 2 cw skimmers dxlab ddutil chrome and the system works fine with plenty of headroom.  I did have a 3rd gen 2 core i3 with 4000 graphics that was always hitting its limit  

73  W9OY