Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

My Flex radio is ready but No Discount, no free 2 year warranty, hat, jacket or nothing ! ?

Options
Steven WA8Y
Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
edited January 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Orders placed at Dayton/Xenia were promised August of 2017, that promise became; Fall of 2017, and now it is 2018. 
Promises broken, where is my compensation?
This will be my first Flex, if you value your customers, if you value your reputation, if you believe in your products as much as your buyers do, give us a FREE 2 yr warranty for our wait.  Pro-rate the warranty for others (so much extra warranty for every month a customer has waited for their order).
Your customers deserve some compensation.
I received my invoice yesterday.  The ATU is an extra $299!  Those who ordered the PGXL at Dayton/Xenia received a free ($1200) optional ATU !

Answers

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
    In the first place, there never was a promise, it is what they hoped for. There is no statement found were a promise was made.
    I'm sure you will enjoy your product, what ever it is.
  • FRED  W9TB
    FRED W9TB Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Steven, I hope you don't have thin skin because you are in for a rough ride here with your post.

GL OM
  • Brad A. Steffler
    Brad A. Steffler Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I was PROMISED a secret decoder ring!

Brad
    KE4XJ

• Jim Jerzycke
    Jim Jerzycke Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Options
    And I'm still waiting for my flying car........
  • mikeatthebeach .
    mikeatthebeach . Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Well here it is ,,,, The Flex Secret Decoder Ring with every Flex Order ....

Order Now !!!
  • Jd Dupuy
    Jd Dupuy Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Steven I can understand your position. But I don't think Flex Radio will ever meet a deadline or make a promise. Their business model is very different and once you understand how it works, all expectations get thrown out the window. I am however so glad I decided not to buy in early this time. No worries, no concerns, no nothing. I'll buy one next year. By then the radio should of been field tested by more users and in a greater amount of operating conditions. I am anxious to hear all the first reports from the early buyers and I'm excited for them.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Options

@Steven

Flex Radio is the Tesla of Ham Radio.   They make superb bleeding edge products that are years ahead of the competition. 

Unfortunately when you are doing something no one has ever done before you are likely not able to correctly forecast how long its going to take to do it because no one has ever done it before.  Like Tesla, Flex tends to underestimate how difficult it will be to develop entirely new products. 

Like Tesla, they take deposits on new products before they are done. 

Why.. Like Tesla so that that they can more accurately forecast the demand for the product and ultimately make enough of them to satisfy the demand.  Before they adopted the deposit policy, they invariably did not make enough product to satisfy the ultimate demand.

Bottom Line: Like Tesla it always seems to take much longer to get the first products out the door.  OTOH - Like Tesla the products they do deliver are much better than any of their competition.

BTW.. I own a Tesla and a Flex 6700 - both took much longer to get to me than originally estimated by the manufacturer but are still better than anything else on the market.  

• K7QDX
    K7QDX Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hey I need that for my son, to keep him busy while I work the world with my new flex radio. 
  • Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Options
    The sad fact is that you have a choice and I guess it never hurts to ask for something (all they can say is no or nothing). I can promise the minute Flex would grant your request that every other customer who purchased a radio that was delivered outside of schedule would also complain that you got something they didn't.

While I don't think Flex is as far out on the 'bleeding edge' as Tesla, the situation is similar in that you have a choice of staying in queue and take the radio delivered or taking back your deposit and buying whatever radio better meets your needs. There are a lot of great radios out there and one will definitely make you happy (although I suspect you will be much happier staying with Flex!)

Flex is more of an artisan company than an electronics mega-manufacturer. Sometimes you gain when the technology migrates to those mega companies (price, possibly consistency of quality) but you lose a lot (a company listening to its customers, a company passionate with producing the best product they can). I have seen this in my other hobby, audiophile equipment Elac, a huge Chinese electronics company, has been buying up small artisan electronics companies and the price of the products dropped 40% for their new products. The next question is whether the products after that are worth a **** (and the jury is out on that).

I prefer Flex they way they are, warts and all. Good people, very good products and the right mindset!
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Steven,

I can appreciate and empathize with your frustration.  However, If you have questions or concerns regarding your order, please contact Sales.  If you can't reach us by phone since we are really busy right now, send an email and one of our sales representatives will reply back.

The Community is not the place where we resolve customer sales issues.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.