My Flex 6700 still occasionally locks up when left on for an extended period of time.

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Acknowledged
My Flex 6700 still occasionally locks up when left on for an extended period of time and not being used. This is with the new SmartSDR software V1.10.15.33. Requires a hard shutdown and reboot to correct the problem.
Photo of David Livingston

David Livingston

• 122 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Ernest - W4EG

Ernest - W4EG

• 215 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
David,
You are not alone with this problem. I been noticing the same situation for the last 2 days, after I upgrade to Beta v1.10.15.
For a while I though that it was my upgrade to my video card or Win10.And it required the same hard shutdown and rebooting.
FRS hopefully will come up with an answer. 
Photo of Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP

Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP, Elmer

• 291 Posts
  • 36 Reply Likes
HI, I noticed another issue where it suddenly freezed and crasched. 
Photo of Rick Hadley - W0FG

Rick Hadley - W0FG

• 605 Posts
  • 130 Reply Likes
I have also had that problem 3 or 4 times with both of the Beta releases.  It happened again yesterday.  Much more annoying though, is the network bug I have which intermittently freezes one or both of the computers in the shack, including this laptop that doesn't have SSDR installed.  The only way to clear it is to do a hard boot of either machine.  I can't blame Flex for the problem, which happens a couple of times a day, but I'd sure like to find an answer for it.
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9198 Posts
  • 3558 Reply Likes
Official Response
I have entered this problem report (#4444) into our bug tracker for additional investigation. Thank you for the defect report.