Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

My Flex-6300 is now live on the web

Ali  9K2WA
Ali 9K2WA Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
My Flex-6300 is now streaming live on YouTube, hope you can see the action on my QRG.

The audio is streamed from the DAX channel.

Please visit my YouTube channel at this link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvPsk880QsY
or
http://www.qrz.com/db/9K2WA

Tuning is deactivated now, I will turn it on soon using remotehams.com, every time I am in the shack, for the time being I will leave it on a local AM broadcasting station if I am away, like now I have to get some sleep it is 2:30 AM.

Have fun guys.

Comments

• James Whiteway
    edited October 2015
    Very cool! Thanks for sharing.
  • Ali  9K2WA
    Ali 9K2WA Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Your most welcomed James
  • ole puschl
    ole puschl Member
    edited January 2017
    Hi Ali
    Very interesting and a interesting service to offer to your local Ham community.

So Ali: Pse: How do you do it ??

73 OZ1OP / Ole

• IW7DMH, Enzo
    IW7DMH, Enzo Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Yes, Really great!
    Tell us more!

73' Enzo
  • Barry N1EU
    Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Pretty cool, but just tuned to background noise now.
  • Ali  9K2WA
    Ali 9K2WA Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    With Pleasure Ole,

You should have a YouTube account (which you should automatically have if you have a Gmail account) 

Then follow the instructions here:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2474026?hl=en

Do note that you have to download one of the live approved streaming encoders listed here:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2907883?hl=en&ref_topic=6136989&vid=1-635793771856...

Please send me your YouTube stream link when done.

Enjoy.
  • Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    You can also see your live stream on your qrz.com page!  Pretty cool!

Cal/N3CAL
  • Ali  9K2WA
    Ali 9K2WA Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Oh, forgot to warn you guys that you should avoid streaming commercial broadcasting stations, this will violate copyrights of songs ..etc , I learned the hard way, it did not take long to get a copyright notice by email even though I was only there for a very short time.

Further if you wish to give control you can do that via http://www.remotehams.com/ download their free server software and follow the setup procedures.

I have not switched remote hams server again, I am still experimenting & testing  it.

Last I used DAX channels.
  • ole puschl
    ole puschl Member
    edited October 2015
    Hi Ali
    tnx for an excellent guidance. Very easy to set up and works fine with me.
    pse look at www.qrz.com/db/oz1op. Now streaming when QRP

oz1op / Ole
  • Ali  9K2WA
    Ali 9K2WA Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi Ole

Thanks for sharing your link, well done and looks great.

I have received many appraisals on my YouTube chanting window from friends and others.

Today our weekly round table on the air usually on 7.163 or 14.200 on Fridays, had many silent breaks, they told me that due to latency they were able to tweak and adjust their audio to their best liking.

I will do some tests with DAX and compare that with the window's default sound drivers, both have advantages and cons, for instance if you had 2 slices, it is best to use the windows drivers and put one slice on the right and the other on the left ear. this will not be appropriate if you are working with the Flex input Mic, you would have to be on Remote.

It would be nice to get more inputs on how to best benefit from live streaming.

I know for sure that it is a good way to get hams familiar and maybe interested in the Flex-6000 series.
  • Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I've got my Flex-6300 along with WSJT-X streaming live now!  Anyone interested in JT-65/JT-9 can see my station here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/n3cal/live

Cal/N3CAL

• Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Ali,

I'm having problems getting the stream onto QRZ.com??  It doesn't like the url.  How did you get your stream onto QRZ?

Cal/N3CAL
  • Ali  9K2WA
    Ali 9K2WA Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Cal,

Just click on the embed YouTube video in the qrz.com editor and paste your URL in the respective place.

Good luck
  • Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Thanks Ali!  I had the wrong url.  Once I published the video I got it working. 

73  Cal/N3CAL
  • Ali  9K2WA
    Ali 9K2WA Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Congrats Cal, its a good start, now we have to improve the latency.
    On my end here its between 15 and 30 seconds, and that is too much.
    I have to look into different solutions to overcome this drawback.
  • Ali  9K2WA
    Ali 9K2WA Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I have added remotehams.com controls in my http://www.qrz.com/ page, it requires login for selected users only for now.

• Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    What's causing the spikes across 20 meters?  I noticed they are evenly spaced and if I'm not mistaken, they even appear on the 40m band.  Almost looks like MPPT solar charger or some such thing.
  • Ali  9K2WA
    Ali 9K2WA Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I have no idea, my house is about 180 feet from the local distribution station, and I know that there is many cable joints, it could be from power line noise, but WNB does not seem to have any effect when turned on.

Also very close to a big 260 feet high mobile telecom company base station tower with cellular antennas and microwave dishes at different heights located at about 600 yards from my house.

• Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Interesting on the spikes.  Something we would have never noticed prior to having our Flex radios!   I get spikes like that from my MPPT solar charger.  Luckily they are extremely narrow and very easy to notch out.  On the rare occasion one is right on top of a cw signal, I can at least turn off the controller...  When I first got my Flex, I was surprised to see so many different anomalies across the HF bands. 

I'll second the comment regarding RemoteHams.   I've used it for a couple years now.  Pretty much flawless and the security control is top notch.  I have an IC-7100 that I put up on RH when I'm traveling.  I've heard someone is working on an Android client.  I need to check and see if there has been any progress on that.

• Ali  9K2WA
    Ali 9K2WA Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Norm,

You are right, this noise could be generated by equipment thats on the same power line feeder with very poor specifications and high noise emissions, a local ham went to the extent of buying a new satellite receiver for his neighbor with a new 75 ohm cable which solved his interference problem. 

As a DX station, I generate a good pile up, it is impossible to give everyone a fair chance to work me, the European curtain is unforgiving to QRP stations and stations from north or south America, now they have a chance to text me on my YouTube channel chat to get my attention. most of the time very few adhere to the good code of conduct either purposely or they don't hear other stations.  It could save everybody lots of time.

I posted a community note recently asking if SmartSDR version 2.0 could have an extended access rights and operator roles linked with profiles that will prohibit the use of certain functionalities and frequency segments or modes .. etc, since we will have to have access rights to login to the radio after all.  It ended with a couple of likes!

I was determined to set an example here demonstrating the way remotehams.com facilitated this and made it possible through web GUI and thete RCForb Client software allowing the radio administrator to set what role a registered user may get.  If they can do it, I am sure FRS can do it much better, they have all what it takes to do it even faster and more efficient, even for a third part developer, we wouldn't have to worry about codecs and audio/video sync.

The first day I published my Flex live YouTube channel, I got a very encouraging results, I was in our weekly round table and those guys who were obsessed with their audio quality had a chance to monitor their own audio and tweak it further due to the high latency.

I think this is a good way to promote the Flex 6000 series radios and give other hams a chance to have a test drive and try the radio.

I highly recommend for every one to give it a try before posting his views, what I did is very simple,straight forwards, and relatively easy to do as you may have noticed.

Thanks
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Yes and RCForb - Remote Hams is a very efficient application.  It uses very little internet bandwidth and can even run on dialup!  If you don't have a very fast internet connection, not a problem!  Controls also some amplifiers and antenna matching systems.  I use Elecraft KPA500 and KAT500 which it controls very well.  It lets me turn the rig, amp and tuner on and off as well as gives access to all of the important functions.  If you have a laptop, there are even instructions on how to wire up a key so you can run CW remotely.  Works great.
  • Ali  9K2WA
    Ali 9K2WA Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Here is the Flex-6300 video stream screen snapshot showing two Slices, the current selected station equipment and antenna.

This is the Streamed link : https://www.youtube.com/embed/zvPsk880QsY?rel=0&autoplay=1

• A71AM Saif
    A71AM Saif Member
    edited March 2017
    very nice Ali
  • Ali  9K2WA
    Ali 9K2WA Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks Saif, try it,  you will enjoy it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.