Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

My Flex 6300 and Maestro lock up during CW contacts and produce a continuous carrier.

Jack
Jack Member ✭✭
How to prevent my 6300 and remote Maestro from locking up and transmitting a continuous carrier during CW contacts. Intermittent, but troublesome, do not want to fry the finals or transmit a continuous carrier and not know it? Have to power down the 6300 or long button push. The two units are 500 miles apart and using V2.0.

Answers

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017

Does it lock up even with the Time out Timer set?

Jim, K6QE

• Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Hi Jack

My only thoughts is that it is RF related and is knocking your Modem offline.

I had similar problems on my remote station and it took me order lots of Mix 31 and Mix 43 RF chokes.  I have them on feedlines (both ends), all leads and all power cables.  

Turns out it was well worth the effort as I had no more RFI issues and the cable modem dropping offline, but I was also able to significantly reduce my HF noise floor which allowed me to hear much better, especially on the low bands.

This document by the YCCC became my bible.  http://www.yccc.org/Articles/W1HIS/CommonModeChokesW1HIS2006Apr06.pdf

Well worth the read and investment by anyone who operates on HF.

Mike va3mw

• AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited June 2019
    I had the same problem and thought it was RF getting into the rig....6700 and Maestro so I got a box of toroids and put them in every cabke gointo rge 6700 or Maestro and have not had the problem sibce
  • Jack
    Jack Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Thanks, considered that but no issues with modem or router during HP contesting with any equipment connected to my network. Extensive grounding and other noise suppression, including ferrites. The towers are  200-300 feet away. No issues even running M2. During these occurrences with the 6300 and remote Maestro all other coax cables were automatically disconnected and grounded at the towers. No other equipment in use. One thought is packet collisions or timing issues during high speed CW ops. Is there any way to set a  timeout if the carrier is locked on?  Every box and computer in the shack is connected to an extensive common ground system. However, will add additional ferrites to the 6300 just in case! 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.