Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

My experience with SmartSDR v2.1.30.103

Ernest
Ernest Member ✭✭
edited June 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
This morning I was listening on 40 meters on how well v2.1.30 was working. For a while I though these guys were pulling a joke on a Flex 6x000 owner: Their description how much time they expend to get their units working. 
I decided to do my up date on my 6700 without reading the "Release notes."  Or any of the notes on the forum.
One thing I had was lots of time with the flu and nowhere to go.
The old DAX, CAT and v2.0.19 running; I visit the old  FR System website and downloaded the software to see what may happen doing it this way. After 4 minutes into the installation it came up with an error "Shutting Down" PSH1VOA - 1.09. However it continue installing itself. It also asked if I wanted to ignore it. I ignore it.
The installation did whatever it needed to do and the next thing I see is asking me to press "Update" 
Well, it took very little action in my part and the radio has been working since.
Had I not been sitting in from of the radio, I would not believe it either. BUT TRUE!

Comments

• WA2SQQ
    WA2SQQ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    For me, updates have been pretty trouble free, but I'd definitely get that "Oh S**t" feeling when I saw "Shutting Down" PSH1VOA - 1.09" What's that about? I plan on downloading the latest update this evening, but not before I read the release notes!
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    You mean the DSP works even better than before?
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited January 2018
    Occasionally when updating the firmware, there is a momentary voltage increase on the 1VDC rail that the PSoC catches and generates the error shown.  As in the case of Ernst, it is usually benign.

If you get this error while normally operating the radio, then you need to submit a HelpDesk support ticket ASAP so we can investigate the cause.
  • WA2SQQ
    WA2SQQ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    So last night, I read the notes and downloaded the file. After the update was installed I imported my profiles Absolutely no problems and was back up and on the air within 10 minutes. It really is a very simple procedure that no one should be afraid of doing. Great job FRS! See you in Orlando next week,

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.