A couple of days ago both fldigi and WSJT-X failed to work correctly. The displayed operating frequency didn’t follow the radio and Tx didn’t activate the radio.
I replaced the laptop with another configured the same this worked perfectly. I noted that COM4 was being used. I replaced the original laptop and noted that COM5 was displayed on the CAT window. I attempted to change this to COM4 but failed. Further investigation under:- Device Manager / Ports (COM&LPT) / FlexRadio Virtual Serial Port (COM4) / General / Resources displayed the following message “This device isn’t using any resources because it has a problem.”
I re-installed “SmartSDR v1.10.16” hoping that this would also re-install the CAT and DAX and solve the problem, but it didn’t. I vaguely remember from the past that there was a prescribed method for working in this area, but I cant find it. I don’t want to foul things up by deleting files etc. I had a similar problem about four months ago which was solved only by purchasing a new laptop, I don’t want to go through that expensive exercise again!