Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

My BRAND NEW Maestro died just after 5 weeks !!!

N8AUM
N8AUM Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in Maestro
Upgraded my 6400 to 6600 back in January than purchased a new Maestro a month later, anyways, the Maestro starts to boot than after the "Maestro"  appears for about 2 seconds than screen goes dark and just sits there. Tried it with the PS and  fully charged optional battery  with same results, Cant remember if I was using 2.4.9 or latest ver 3? when it died.   
The 6600 works with all my other PC's, just the Maestro is a paper weight.
I called support and left message and got a call back the fallowing day was told a ticket was opened and someone will contact me with further instructions. Well here we are 1 week later and haven't got ANY response yet! 

Comments

• KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    My guess is FRS is probably under-staffed right now due to the May 17-19 Dayton Hamvention, but I have no doubt FRS will make things right for you.  In the mean time, one thing you can try is leave your Maestro charging overnight, then give it a try.  (The Maestro's internal battery and it's swappable battery pack both must have sufficient charge.) 
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited May 2019
    Hi

We have actually sent you many emails Yahoo account.  Did you not receive them?

The first email was 1 hour after you opened the case.

Can you check your spam folder?

Mike
  • KI4P
    KI4P Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    started to say! i had to open ticket once and, they responded within the hour, great customer service! im sure they will get you up and going! love my FLEX!!!
  • K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    A year ago, yes 2 days prior to Dayton my new 6600 developed a short on the +12 volt power input.  Neil answered with in 15 minutes, I had a RMA in less than 30, and mailed the radio as I left for Dayton the next day.

After Dayton Gerald E-mailed me with the repair/return shipping status. 

Great Service.  

Gayle K0FLY

• Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    The first thing to try is a Maestro reset:
    1. Remove the battery if you installed one
    2. Hold the power button until the Maestro is completely powered down, maybe 30 seconds or so)
    3. Remove the DC from the Maestro for at least 20 seconds, 
    4. Reconnect the DC , the Maestro should boot up on it's own.

See if this solves your problem.
  • N8AUM
    N8AUM Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Hello mike, I have been checking my spam but didn't see anything.
    n8aum@yahoo.com
  • N8AUM
    N8AUM Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    tnx Neal, I'll try it again
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2019
    A HelpDesk ticket was created for you as soon as you spoke to Dawn in Customer Service last Thursday.  I did a follow-up reply 22 minutes later.  On Monday, I sent you a follow-up reminder that we had not had a response from you.

The emails are going to the same email account you used for your two previous HelpDesk tickets from earlier this year.  I just looked at the email send longs and all responses from the HelpDesk were sent and delivered to your email server without an error being received.

Please check your email inbox and junk mail from Thursday, May 09 ‪09:17 am CDT
  • N8AUM
    N8AUM Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    tnx Tim, I will double check 
  • Lionel
    Lionel Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Always been my experience. 
  • N8AUM
    N8AUM Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Ok, me bad, I found the quick response from Flex, I **** up !
    Anyway's, I did the resets as directed by Tim. 6600 runs fine. Maestro gets to the blue screen that says Maestro for about a second then screen goes black. tried with 2 different LAN cables, checked the power supply, everything seems ok. One time while Maestro was booting and after the blue screen with Maestro disappeared a mouse pointer appears for about 5 seconds then screen went black and stayed that way. Did the resets about 10 times in total. Only activity on the Maestro is the blinking LAN leds.
  • N8AUM
    N8AUM Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Hello Tim, I found ur reply, I remember now that that was the morning I woke up and couldn't see and ended up going to see the doc, thought I had mini **** but have something else, **** this "golden years ****" !!!
    Anyways, I tried multiple times resetting the 6600 and the Maestro, the 6600 works fine but Maestro hangs up shortly after the blue screen that says Maestro. The only activity I see on Maestro is the flashing leds on it's lan port.
    What else can I try? Is there a secret moose handshake or dance that I can try to see whats causing it to hang at that point?
  • N8AUM
    N8AUM Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    tnx Neal, I tried that about 10 times and unfortunately it hangs up just after the blue screen that displays Maestro than screen goes blank after about 1 second.
    The only activity I see is just the LAN's leds flashing. And yes, I tried several other lan cables just to rule them out.
    Any other suggestions that I can try?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.