Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

My brand new 6700 taking very long to update

Jerry NY2KW
Jerry NY2KW Member ✭✭
edited December 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Just got my 6700 today.  Connected everything per Quick start and connected the 6700 directly to my router, same one as my PC is connected.  I installed and started latest version of SDR, it found my radio (HW v1.9.7.85) and showed an update was needed.  I clicked on update and it took about 5 minutes for the yellow progress bar to reach the end but now its about 30 mins and the 6700 front panel still says "updating software" and the led is purple and the SDR PC software shows the progress bar still full yellow.  The SDR software is not frozen as I can select through the top tabs to Internet, RX, TX, Network.  The network IP shows 169.254 10.205 but when i click opn the advanced button nothing happens.  I am afraid to power off the 6700 and corrupt everything.  Why should a brand new 6700 need an update as first activity?

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I see you opened a HelpDesk ticket on this issue.  That was the correct course of action to take.  I'm sure Dudley will come to a resolution in short order.
  • Jerry NY2KW
    Jerry NY2KW Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    He said to power on/off and that worked but in absence of that knowledge my experience in powering off during a firmware update is a corrupted device so i held off until i got word from Support.  Now all seems to be working and I am on the steep learning curve part of fun 

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    For future reference, that troubleshooting tip to power cycle the radio if the firmware fails to complete the upgrade was in the Release Notes under the Best Practices for installing a new version of SmartSDR for Windows section.

Enjoy your new radio!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.