Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

My 6700 Keeps Locking Up

W5UN_Dave
W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
My 6700 has begun to lock up 4 or 5 times a day. I have to turn off the radio and restart it to bring things back. I have also experienced a few "stalls" where the radio would come back on its own. On one occusion, as I was sending someone their RST report on CW the radio stalled as a character was being sent. It remained sending the carrier for several seconds, at full power, before returning to a normal state (embarrassing). I have 1.4.11.60 installed, which I have been running long before this problem arose.

Comments

• Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    This could be network connection issue especially if you are connecting over WiFi. You should probably start a help desk ticket.

Connections issues could be intermittent connection, another device on the same address, malfunctioning switch or Ethernet card.
  • Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Problems like this are sometimes traced to RFI into the radio. My earphone cable needed snap-on ferrites as did my Ethernet cable. 
  • Rick Zach K1RJZ
    Rick Zach K1RJZ Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Me too, exactly but a 6300. Wired to an isolated Gig-E switch. No other known traffic on the wire. Happens more on TX than RX but can happen in RX as well.
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I have a 6700 and have had similar issues.  A few days ago it kept locking up in receive.  It would lock up for a few moments 5-40 seconds, then take off again.  It did this several times then eventually locked up and stayed that way.  I rebooted the computer and 6700 several times only to have the issue return within 1-2 minutes.  Then out of the blue, everything started working just fine again.  I had a single slice open but was using FDV at the time.  I contributed this problem to FDV which is a "use at your own risk" mode at the moment.

I have the 6700 on a gig Ethernet switch.  Computer is I7 with 16Gb of ram and extremely fast.  My problem is NOT associated with RFI getting into the radio due to being in receive at the time of the incident.  I had never been plagued with this problem in the past and it has not happend again since.

If it ever happens again, I will, and I suggest other to try connecting to the radio with a laptop or some other computer in an effort to isolate the issue to either the computer in use or the Flex. 

Norm
  • W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Nope, this happens when I am not doing any radio transmissions. I've had the 6700 since the beginning. It just started this.
  • W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    CAT5 connected to the LAN
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.