Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

My 6700 having a seizure

Options
Pat N6PAT
Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
A while back I posted about my 6700 going crazy. Well tonight it did it again and I got it on video.

I had 4 pans and slices open for 80,40,30 and 20 meters. I then closed down SSDR v2.6.1 and reopened a while later. The slice for 80 was still present but the other slices that I had open were gone but the three empty pans were still open and going wild as if there was intense activity even though there is no slice present. The first pan with a slice present was working normally.

I had to shut everything down and do a factory reset for it to work properly again.

I should note that this bizarre behavior never happened once in the 2 years I've owned the radio prior to the rig being sent in for repair. Now it has happened twice since it was returned to me.

I suppose some folks will say all is well and the radio is just doing what it's supposed to do.

I would appreciate it if someone from FRS would offer an explanation as to what would be causing this.

Enjoy the show!

Comments

• Harold Rosee
    Harold Rosee Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Pat,

Since the Pan Adapters are still there with the frequency spread at the bottom the actual receive frequency that you are calling a slice may be off the screen to the left.  Happens to me all the time.  The problem is we can't tell because you have the left side menu pulled out and covering the arrow that would show that.  Granted it should have been where you left it but in my mind you do have a "slice" because there is a frequency range at the bottom of each pan adapter.  But the frequency it's on is off the side.

If you want a reply from flex you would need to open a help desk ticket.  You'll probably just get replies like mine here.  I really don't think after the fact anyone will be able to figure it out.  It would have been better to leave it as it was and then post your video.  I for one would have told you to close the left menu and see if it showed the VFO off to the left.

Harold

• Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Harold,

That's a good suggestion but the slices were not there. The "off screen" indicator was not present in the three pans. Even if the slices were present they would have been out of band for some reason and that still does not explain the bizarre activity in the three pans while the first pan appears normal.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.