Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

My 6400M is alive and I believe well.

KB4OIF
KB4OIF Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
first impression is WOW.  This thing is beautiful.  I have a lot to learn but I have the time to do it.  After looking at the manual index for the tuning process for about 45 minutes I went to plan B.  Called my new friend Wayne who got his the day before. Where is the ATU stuff.  He said page 76. Ok, I was a little excited.  

Comments

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Very nice, keep us in the loop how things are going there.
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Going to be a learning experience for me.  Soon as I get a pic from my phone to this pc, i will post a pic.

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    first order  of the day...

turn every knob and see what it does,
    then
    push every button and see what it does
    and
    now you can push every knob and see what it does
    then
    walk thru all the menus...

now you will know what things lurk inside the radio ;-)

OH Yea...always good to have the manual by your side to help explain what you are seeing

seeing the real thing vs seeing what the manual says
    and
    OH by the way some popup menus are mode sensitive, will see different display if in ssb vs cw fro example

i spent first two days with my 6600M just doing the above. this way i knew it existed in the radio..i just had to find it again ;-)

then operated for a few days and then played again with knobs and buttons
    and started to setup the rig the right way for my style..
    and
    that also improved my "muscle memory" so i would reach for the right knob

all i can say , Model M's are one really nice radio.

enjoy

• KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    picture .  not in it's right palace yet but it's working.  will spend the next week or so getting use to  it.image
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Spoke too soon.   Flex screen is sideways.  monitor screen is the right way but it is very small.
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018

Unplug the HDMI Monitor cable from the back of the 6400M. Now quickly press the power button to shutdown the radio wait 10 seconds. Press the power button let the radio load. when its ready for operation turn your HDMI monitor on and then plug the HDMI cable into the HDMI jack on the flex. Now all should be correct.

This has previously been reported as an issue to flex as bug tracker #5989.

• KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Am I going to have to do that every time I turn the radio on and off.   Not good.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    This is a known issue as you know, I think to fix it what they are doing is, to make sure the radio is booted up then plug the monitor in.
    I was hopping they addressed that in this last release.

other wise, very impressive 
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018

Until they get it fixed. I don't know if the fix was included in version 2.1.33 or not I have asked here.

I have waited to connect my HDMI monitor waiting on a fix. Trying to change the resolution in the display utility on the 6400M intel screen has only resulted in a very small 6400M screen and did nothing that would be acceptable for normal use.

I even have my HDMI connected to a switch and the switch had the monitor connected to another computer HDMI and selected not the flex but as long as the HDMI cord was plugged into the flex it would boot the flex screen sideways but the HDMI monitor screen was in the correct orientation.

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2018
    No fix yet.  Hang in there.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.