Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

My 6400M has issues, will not TX using my mic, tune's ok SWR on Tune up 1.15 at 10W. Max pwr 100 jus

budr@rjrpiping.com
budr@rjrpiping.com Member ✭✭
edited August 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
6400M will not TX

Answers

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    If you mean that the PTT on the mike does not make the radio TX? Can you go into more detail?  what mic and what setttings?
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    What version was you running before 3.18?

power down the radio unplug DC power wait about 5-10 minutes  then power the radio up and see if it is still having issues, if it is then try a HARD RESET.
    This will do a Soft Reset by removing DC Power and then a Hard reset by holding the Power button until the button turns white I think.
    This will erase your profiles so you may want to export them before doing the Hard reset.
    Bret

• budr@rjrpiping.com
    edited May 2020
    Bill, not sure I believe it was 3.17... I am using Heil Pro6 head set as my default  and did the Hard Reset and put all the value's back (TX settings and Mic default). I even tried the hand mic but got the same result. Funny the TUNE works fine 10W low SWR, so it must be on a separate TX than the PTT.
  • budr@rjrpiping.com
    edited May 2020
    Thanks for the reply, did all though things, shut down for 15 minutes, then a Hard Reset, entered all the value's back. even tried an older version but no change...
    Bud N4RJR
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I still don't fully understand what is wrong? is it not transmitting? PTT does not work. How are you keying the radio? I use Vox for my headset. Are you using the correct cable for the Pro6 headset? to the flex?
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Nor do I.. best bet is open a ticket and have someone with flex work with you.  we can go round and round out here.. get a ticket open and get qrv.
  • budr@rjrpiping.com
    edited May 2020
    Bill, the only TX I can do is TUNE, it will transmit when I tune up with 10 Watts. After that I try to TX with 100W and get nothing. I switched mic's and nothing! I am using the same cables I have been using for the last 3 years.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Did you check the TX band settings in the drop down chart?
    And did you start you help ticket as you should have?
  • Bill NE1B
    Bill NE1B Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Did you check the Power slider?  I had a similar situation.  I then slid the Tune power slider up to 100 watts and it transmitted 100 watts on Tune.  Then noticed the Power slider was on Zero watts.   For some reason it had defaulted to zero.   I assume your PTT is lighting the Red LED on the radio.
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited May 2020
    Have you tried clicking on the MOX button in SmartSDR?  If the MOX button still works, it could point to a problem with the PTT switch, cable or jack.  If not, then it would indicate a configuration problem of some sort.

Len, KD0RC
  • W8TZ Ross
    W8TZ Ross Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I had the same issue recently with my 6400M and the stock Flex hand mic. All of a sudden during a QSO the rig would not go into TX. The mico switch in the microphone for PTT broke, It is just a very cheap tiny plastic switch. I replaced it with one from a Motorola mic. It was not a exact fit but it does work for now.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.