Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

multiple wsjt-x

Takeshi Yamada
Takeshi Yamada Member ✭✭
edited January 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
Is there any mean to run multiple JTAlerts binding to each WSJT-x's running?
Thanks to FT8, Low band activities are very high and I am enjoying multiple WSJT-x operation for 80, 40 and 30m.  Currently, I am using JTAlert for one instance of WSJT-x and the rest of WSJT-x's are subject to eye watching and not so effective - I cannot examine 2 windows in detail in 15 sec.
How other multiple WSJT-x users are managing the operation?

de JI1BNU
Ken Yamada

Answers

• KB4AAA
    KB4AAA Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    You can simply dbl click the Jtalert icon on your desktop for each additional instance of WSJT-X or you can also setup the auto start within Jtalert here is my setup opens (3) WSJT-X and Log40m plus (3) Jtalert. It works very slick Jtalert handles the logging interface between WSJT-X and Log40m on all 3 slices and I run slice 4 as ssb and use Log40m window to log contacts on the fly. And the flex will auto switch TX to whichever slice that needs to transmit. 

add to the wsjt-x parameters for slice 2 & 3
     --rig-name=Slice_B 
     --rig-name=Slice_C

optional if you use Log40m for logging. In the setup of each WSJT-X you need to set the UDP server port number different on each instance and Jtalert will handle the rest . Here is my setup

Slice A: UDP 2237

Slice B: UDP 2238

Slice C:UDP 2239
  • Takeshi Yamada
    Takeshi Yamada Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Thank you for your advice.
    I could now run 3 instances of WSJT-Xs and JTAlerts and jump to any of three bands for transmit.  I am waiting for v2.X CAT supporting Slice: TX slice - I think v1.X supports it already - for Logger32.

Regards,
    Ken Yamada, JI1BNU

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.