Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Multiple slices and HRD Logbook

Rob Fissel
Rob Fissel Member
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Looking to get HRD logbook to track active TX slice for frequency information. Currently, HRD Logbook will only track my "A" slice's frequency information when logging a QSO, regardless of which slice is set to transmit.. This is frustrating when I have another slice on a different band or frequency. When using my "B" slice, I have to remember to manually update frequency information. As you may imagine, it's quite easy to forget this, and I wind up with busted calls. Is anyone aware of how to have HRD logbook track the active TX slice for frequency information when logging QSO's?

Answers

• Gene - K3GC
    Gene - K3GC Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    HiRob,
    This is just about my number frustration at the moment.  The best I have seen from any logger is the ability to track two slices.  To my knowledge none will track more than two.  It is just one more case where Flex is way ahead of the existing technology.  The best of the legacy transceivers have only two independent receivers whereas the 6700 has eight.
    Gene K3GC
  • Rob Fissel
    Rob Fissel Member
    edited March 2015
    Thanks, Gene. I only have a 6300 so it's two slices max but it will never take the B slice information. Any advice?
  • Gene - K3GC
    Gene - K3GC Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Sorry Rob,
    I don' use HRD so I can't comment.  There are several loggers out there that will handle two.  I am sure that there are a number of folk in this community that use HRD.
  • Rob Fissel
    Rob Fissel Member
    edited February 2018
    This issue would even be alleviated (not completely, but a little) if I could drag a slice between different pan adapters. As it stands, if I'm going to S&P on a different pan adapter, I will close my A slice and reopen it in a different pan adapter. A little frustrating for sure.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015

Does anyone know if one can use HRD remotely with the SDR or does it have to be on a computer tethered to the radio?

Jim, k6QE

• Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    My FRStack program has a feature to swap slices which comes in handy to solve this problem. It also has many other cool features. Give it a try.
    https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/memories-and-most-recently-used-frequency-utility
  • Ian1
    Ian1 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Hi Rob

I also run DM780 with HRD Logbook program. When you have the station in the LOG Book entered double click it. Opens it under Modify: My Logbook. Now go to Options select Save VFO B (Sub Frequency in the data base.

This will cost you a Like. All kidding aside somebody helped me on here today just paying back the favor.

Ian
  • Rob Fissel
    Rob Fissel Member
    edited March 2015
    Liked accordingly. Still, that's a hassle IMHO. Maybe I'll email the folks at HRD and see if this could be added in future revs. They currently natively support CAT interfacing to the 6xxx radios... Maybe the Flex API's would support HRD "tracking" the frequency of the TX enabled "vfo" slice.
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I've tried to evaluate HRD a few times to see if I want to replace DX4WIN with it, but I never get solid answers to questions.  Responses are more like, "well, we plan to do that" or something similar.  At least DX4WIn works in a limited way with SSDR and SCat, so I've been able to make do, and since almost all the other tasks of a general purpose logger work, I'm sticking with it until there is a clear winner available.
  • Rob Fissel
    Rob Fissel Member
    edited March 2015
    Thanks, Duane. I'll have to check it out!
  • Carl Moreschi
    Carl Moreschi Member
    edited March 2015
    My N4PY software allows any slice to be assigned to VFO A and any slice to be assigned to VFO B.  N4PY can then hook up to any logging program via a virtual comport.  If it's a good logging program the logging program will see split is on and log the frequency for the slice assigned to VFO B.  The N4PY program does full Kenwood emulation on all of it's 5 external comports for logging programs and other programs.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.