Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Multiple receiver screen layout

Burch - K4QXX
Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
Ok, I feel ****.  I see in many screenshots where the multiple panadators are stacked side to side instead of on top of each other.  When I open a new panadaptor, it puts it on top of the other.  Since I can open 4 panadapters on the 6500, they start getting thin going from top to bottom.  I'd like to have the 4 panadapters  taking up the four corners of the screen.  Even the arrl review of the 6700, they have a screen shot with 4 panadapters on one side and 4 on the other.  In my case, it would be two and two.  I'm not sure if I am explaining this correctly? 

Answers

• Dan -- KC4GO
    Dan -- KC4GO Member
    edited March 2018
    Here is what I've found 

I do wish I could quarter the screen, but haven't figured that out yet.
    Looks like the text in the box got reduce by the upload it says 
    "When they are all stacked up -- pick one and click the Full button it will produce this"

Dan --- KC4GO

• Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Yes, I have been able to get that screen with the 3 on the bottom and one at top. 
  • KE4G / Dan
    KE4G / Dan Member
    edited January 2017
    While I can't improve on the above single monitor set up, I recently reconfigured my three monitors.

The monitors are physically side by side horizontally and arranged in the Catalyst program the same way. That prevents me from expanding the view vertically to create a better view of the waterfalls, as seen below. However,

by configuring the monitors in the Catalyst programs as you would if they were vertically stacked one above the other...
    I now can spread the view across two or three monitors to enable a larger vertical waterfall.

I have a Flex 6500, so two screens works well for me.
    For those with a 6700, you could use a third screen for additional slices.

I use my third screen for other programs.image

Hope this helps and has not been previously posted.
    I did not look through the over 6600 posts that came up as relevant to my title.
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited January 2017
    Now this is a cool setup. I can picture using the steering wheel for frequency control and the accelerator pedal for power. Plenty of buttons and switches on the steering wheel for complete radio control. Only thing missing is a fan over the monitors to get the wind blowing through your hair. You wear your seatbelts and crash helmet?

Nice idea with the virtual vertical monitor setup to get SSDR to do what you want. I'd love to see SSDR become modular some day so the individual pan adapters and radio stack components can be undocked and placed anywhere.

Kev K4VD
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    It might look a little like this.

Which on my desktop is impossible, until you reduce the SmartSDR windows height,
    The panadapter's dynamically adjust their sizing. Try resizing the parent window.

When you get it the right size, The panadapters will resize into the corners. It's all in how you "pose" the SmartSDR window. 

SDRgadgets

#FlexRadio IRC chat

73, Jay - NO5J

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    It seems like this "drag and drop" idea would work better. It is the number 1 request on the idea list with 61 votes. https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/enhancement_to_let_you_drag_a_panadapter_to_another_monitor You could use 1, 2, 3, or 4 monitors and drop and arrange the panadapters or other panels as you want. No telling if / when it will happen. It may be more effort than they want to expend. Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
  • KE4G / Dan
    KE4G / Dan Member
    edited January 2017
    Dan to Dan,

If you left click on your image here in your post, it will open in a separate widow full size.
    Then click it again to enlarge it even more.
    Then your graphic comment can be read.

• KE4G / Dan
    KE4G / Dan Member
    edited January 2017
    Kevin,
    Hi hi, I don't wear a seat belt or helmet while racing online. 
    But I might add the fan idea.

Jay, thanks for the tip. 
    I found  by clicking on the "Minimize" graphic in the top right corner of each slice, that the four slice can be re-positioned in various ways. 

Always more to learn about Flex SDR !

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I kind of like this, for multi-slice, multi-band sessions with my 6500.
    It frees up some desktop space below SmartSDR, for Digi apps to use.

SDRgadgets

#FlexRadio IRC chat

73, Jay - NO5J

• VK7WH Winston
    VK7WH Winston Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Now 63
  • KD4HSO
    KD4HSO Member
    edited July 2019
    How do I get four panadapters to display in a 2x2 grid like one of the above posts?
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited February 2017
    Unfortunately, I think the only way to really control the layout of the panadapters is by changing the size of the overall screen. The panadapter windows seem to expand in arbitrary ways as the main window is resized.

When I first load 4 panadapters I get them stacked vertically. Then if I reduce the height of the window they eventually form a 2x2 pattern. This is unfortunate.

Kev K4VD

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.