Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Multiple radios on the network, how can I select DAX for each?

W1IMD
W1IMD Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have a 6700 and a 6300 on my network. We operate them remotely via a VPN. The issue is that a friend wants to run JT-65 and when he connects to a radio, the DAX interface he sees may not be from the radio he's using.

I know about adding the filter.txt file in the %APPDATA%FlexRadioSystems folder and that's great for specifying only one radio to use with a single computer. The question is what should I do for selecting one of multiple radios with a single computer?

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    That is not a feature of either CAT or DAX.  The only option is to use the Filter.txt file to prevent the other radio from connecting.
  • W1IMD
    W1IMD Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Thanks Tim. Can you tell me a way to select one of several filter.txt files?
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Could you write a batch file that renames the file you want to filter.txt? You could create a batch file for each version.

Jon...kf2e
  • K2CM
    K2CM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Set up two unique networks, two unique VPN addresses.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    This was going to be my recommendation too.
  • W1IMD
    W1IMD Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Might you have an example to share?
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    I don't know what exactly you are trying to do but this should give you the idea...

Create a file named radio1.bat(or whatever you want to name the file)

Edit the file with a simple text editor and not a word processor. I believe you can just go to the c: and type 'edit radio.bat'.  Add something like this to the file...

rename filter.txt filter_radio1.txt
    rename filter_radio2.txt filter.txt
    exit

Save the file. You can then create a desktop shortcut to the file. When you execute it the current filter.txt will be renamed to filter_radio1.txt and filter_radio2.txt will be renamed to filter.txt. The program should then exit. You will need to make sure the .bat file is located in your PATH. Probably easiest to just put it in C:

You can create additional .bat files for other configurations. If the file filter.txt needs to be in a particular directory, you will need to add the path information to the file name. i.e. c:somewheresomewherefilename

I didn't actually create any of this but it should work and give you a jumpstart to get going.

Jon...kf2e
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    You could build a menu system to switch back and forth between filter.txt files at will if you wanted to get fancy.  And you can also use the %APPDATA% environment variable so you do not have to code absolute paths for the files.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I do this sort of thing with Autoit, the scripting language is simple enough to grasp.
    you can run the scripts with a shortcut, you can even create GUI controls if you like overkill. Autoit can't really control SmartSDR's controls, SmartSDR uses a different API, I think, but it can control and manage other programs you use with SmartSDR. When I need to do things that can't normally be done in Windows, Autoit can almost always get the job done. Anything you can do with a batch file, you can probably do better with Autoit. 

https://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/

73, Jay NO5J
  • Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Tim where specifically does this go as far as dirirectories? We are going to use multiple flex 6700 in CQWW SSB and want to get this set up and tested in the next 10 days

Mike
    N9DFD
  • Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I think I found still wouldn't mind a sample file or confirmation Mike

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.