Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Slice master keeps resetting

WA5YOM
WA5YOM Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have Slice Master v0.10.5e and WSJT-X v1.9.1 running.

WSJT starts and stops on it own.......while it is running all is good.....

It appears to me that it is loosing communications with the Flex.....thus it turns off.....

The error message from Slice Master when it disconnects, is that it never connected....

Sometimes it does not restart...when that occurs.....I check the Slice Master Launch tab and see that "Never" is selected , where as it was previously selected....

Thanks.
Tim
wa5yom

Answers

• WA5YOM
    WA5YOM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Bump....still hoping for feedback...

Thanks,
    Tim
    Wa5yom
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Hi Tim,

I'm happy to help with your issue.  I dont always see every post here that mentions Slice Master but I do try.  If you're having trouble, the email address in the Slice Master splash screen is a good way to get my attention.  

First make sure you are running the latest version v0.10.5e is currently available at

https://github.com/k1dbo/slice-master-6000/releases

Then, after you see the problem again, please send me a zip of your Slice Master config folder... just navigate to

C:Users<your user name>AppDataLocalK1DBO

then right-click on slice-master and select 'Send toCompressed (zipped) folder'.  This will create a zip file that you can then attach to your email.  The logs in that zip should give me a pretty good idea of what's going on.

--Don

• Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Tim and Don,

I have seen this issue,  but usually cured by starting SliceMaster first then SmartSDR ..  My meager observance. 

Dudley
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Dudley,

Thanks for the comment.  Slice Master does have a couple of "start up" issues that I've yet to work out.  I usually suggest 1) radio, 2) SSDR, then 3) Slice Master.  But I know others have luck with different sequences.  I'm pretty sure at this point though that the radio needs to be running before Slice Master.  The radio chooser option is the root of that problem.  There is also something about starting up Slice Master without a TX slice selected that sometimes causes problems.

--Don

• WA5YOM
    WA5YOM Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Thanks...yes I am running the latest version....I have DxLab and use their start up setup in launcher...Slicemaster us the last app I start up....So far I have only noticed the problem when it starts up wsjtx..it may run awhile before it starts resetting..I will send you the file the next time it happens..
  • WA5YOM
    WA5YOM Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Don...

I have the zip file ready but I need your email.

Thanks,
    Tim
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    QRZ.com helps ;-)
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    There's also an email address on Slice Master's start up screen.
  • WA5YOM
    WA5YOM Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Does anyone know how to do an uninstall?,,,,,it runs as an executable...so I don't see it as installed....maybe something is left over in the registry?
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Tim,

Slice Master is just an executable and doesnt use the registry at all.  It does create a folder where it keeps its config files and log files.  To completely remove Slice Master from your computer, just remove C:/Users/<your name here>/AppData/K1DBO along with any copy of the executable.

--Don

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    It has files in "both", wherever you extracted it to, and run it from, and also in C:Users(Your Username)AppDataLocalK1DBO , removing those should be all that's necessary, to clean it all out. There may be Registry records but I've never seen a need to clean it out of the registry.

#FlexRadio IRC chat

For real-time discussions

SDRgadgets

User created documentation.
               Volunteer!!

73, Jay - NO5J

• WA5YOM
    WA5YOM Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Yes....What I thought...just and executable.....was hoping that there might be something that was corrupted that needed to be uninstalled.
    Since it is always resetting when operating WSJTX....it is not useable for me in that mode....
    WSJTX runs fine when not launched from Slicemaster
    Thanks,
    Tim
    Wa5yom

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.