Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Multiple crashes with N1MM and voiced messages at WPX - abnormal?

Options
Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP Member ✭✭
edited April 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I had multiple crashes when I used the voice messages. So I had to quit using it. I am not sure if it had to do with voice messages (all with same sample rate) that I had speed adjusted by Audacity as they were too slow. I noticed some reported this a couple of years ago but is it of no problem anymore? I will have the error log analysed.  What experiences do you have with voiced messages?  73s Kari SM0HRP

Answers

• ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Kari i had zero problems with voice messages via N1MM in a multi-multi environment with multiple operators and multiple messages via OPON.  This was last used last weekend in CQ WPX SSB in a heavy use environment.
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I would focus on your audacity adjustment, I used audacity to fix the lead into the messages that is usually needing to be truncated for efficiency.
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Options
    OK sounds fine. Well I had some 60-70 ms before and after the messages. I need to analyze the error log in N1MM. Something is not play the way it shpi
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Options

I had no issues with voice messages this past weekend in WPX SSB.  I use N1MM to record the message.  The key sequence to start and stop on-the-fly recording is Ctrl+Shift+Fkey, in either Run or S&P mode.  I have noticed problems when I used Audacity to record messages.  They have to be a certain sample rate as per N1MM configurer audio tab.
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I used the defaults in Audacity to clip the lead times off the messages.. then on export overwrote the recorded message..  still no problem.. 
  • Bill - W9KKN
    Bill - W9KKN Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Options
    What was the sample rate? I’ve found the only one that doesn't result in N1MM wrecking is 8 kHz or 16 sometimes. If you edit/overwrite existing files they’re probably 8. If you are creating new files in audacity to start, make sure you set the project sample rate before you start recording. Changing it afterwards will not do what you want.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.